Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've Decided!

Default I've Decided!

I've Decided! My New Year's resolution will be to nurse my son until he is atleast 24 months old. He is only 6 months now, but I feel it is important to set this goal as a commitment to him and his health. Has anyone else set and met their goal for bf?
    I'm a Renaissance loving mama to William, born June '08
    I'm going to college working on an associates degree, as well as preparing to move in with my boyfriend, who has become a loving father to my son

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute." ~Rebecca West

Default Re: I've Decided!

Congrats momma! That is a very realistic goal to set for your nursling.

Toddler nursing is quite rewarding!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Good for you! I nursing my toddler!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I hoped to nurse until my daughter was at least 2 and was able to do it. Congrats on making it 6 months and good for you for deciding to go until 2!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I agree with pp, there is nothing like nursing a toddler. It is so fun and sweet. I am still nursing my 26 month old, although I am pregnant and he isn't getting much of anything. That is a great new years goal!

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

good luck-toddler nursing is funny and fun and rewarding
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Nursing a six month old baby is much different than nursing a toddler. Your goal is wonderful. I would recommend reading Norma Bumgarner's, Mothering Your Nursing Toddler. It is a great read for any one considering nursing into toddlerhood.

Beat of Luck!!
    Alene
    LLL Leader

I am hoping 2 is just a point I will get to and then surpass, my mother nursed my brother and sister untill they we over 30 months old, and they were twins! Lots of support from family is the key in this goal, and I am thankful to have them.
    I'm a Renaissance loving mama to William, born June '08
    I'm going to college working on an associates degree, as well as preparing to move in with my boyfriend, who has become a loving father to my son

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute." ~Rebecca West

My goal is NOT to be nursing a 4 year old.That's my goal. To be done before Dec. 22nd 2009. Wish me luck.

Way too lazy for formula

My goal was to nurse until DS was 2. He'll be 2 on Monday and I don't see any end in sight at the moment.

You've definately set an awesome goal! Good luck!

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!