Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Callin all cosleepers

Default Callin all cosleepers

I have been cosleeping for a while now. LO is 6 months old. I am a huge fan of cosleeping and it has worked very well for us...Lo is still not sleeping through the night so it allows me to rest even if I am awake...anyways..i ramble.

My question is how long have you been cosleeping and how did you wean? I do not know if I should be having LO sleep in her crib more at nights...plus DH is wanting me to put her in her bed. I do not knwo what is best or normal or what has worked for anyone else.

thanks
    Mom to baby girl 7/15/08 and baby boy 4/13/10.

breast feeding again

I'm a mama.

Default Re: Callin all cosleepers

we co slept 100% until about 10 months. Then because he could fall etc, we started the night with DS in crib and I take him into bed with us when he wakes up after we have gone to bed.

We still nurse during the night, at this point I have little desire to night wean.

HTH
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

We still cosleep 100%. When he started being able to roll and such we out our mattress on the floor...
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Still co-sleeping with our older son (31 months old), been doing it since day one. When he started to move, we just made sure he was between us.
    I wish I could bring the baby to bed, but I just don't know how to do it safely (plus, he has reflux so he sleeps better if he's upright in his car seat...one day maybe we can all sleep together...)
    Mohamed weaned himself when I was pregnant. I started to encourage it by telling him that big people don't eat when the sun is sleeping, we have to wait until the sun wakes up (that backfired when he saw me eating ice cream right before bed, I got a toddler lecture that night!)
    Mari
    Mohamed 6-9-06
    Jad 11-27-08

We did what I ( and a few more, I'm sure) called Modified Co Sleeping. THat is to say that when I'd put DS3 to bed initially in the evening (around 8pm), it would be into his bassinette/crib whatever, then the first time he'd wake up (around 10) I'd nurse him and put him back into his sleeping unit (which, BTW, was right next to my bed) then the next time was around midnight, and then I'd go to bed and take him into my bed with me, where he stayed for the reminder of the night. THis was pretty much our routine until I night weaned him at 18 mo... then he'd just go to bed and come into my bed when/if he'd wake up around 2-3 am. He's 2.5 years now and occasionally still comes to our bed if he wakesin the middle of the night... so, suffice it to say we're pretty croweded when he does this because DS3 and DH and I are already in the bed (which is a double ) if he comes to join us.

Oh and with regard to what is normal - what is normal is what works for your family . Be sure to give DH his "special " time and he probably won't mention the sleeping arrangement anymore

We night weaned (at 18 mo) using Dr Gordons method. You can find it here

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*missmari View Post
    Still co-sleeping with our older son (31 months old), been doing it since day one. When he started to move, we just made sure he was between us.
    I wish I could bring the baby to bed, but I just don't know how to do it safely (plus, he has reflux so he sleeps better if he's upright in his car seat...one day maybe we can all sleep together...)
    FWIW My DS2 suffered from pretty severe reflux and he slept much better in bed with us.. not sure why but he did
    Last edited by @llli*number4; January 13th, 2009 at 05:35 PM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

dp
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

We co-sleep/co-slept from birth. Daniel was night-weaned at 16 months, however he remained in our bed. About 1 month ago he started sleeping some nights in a twin bed on our bedroom floor. Its his choice, but a lot of nights we put him there when we go to bed cause 4 in the bed is a bit squishy.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

We have co-slept since birth with my now 17 month old. We nightweaned a couple months ago ( I am pregnant and just couldn't do it anymore). I would not have night weaned if it wasn't driving me up the wall though. My husband has asked a couple of times when she will be moving to her own bed but I will not be moving her out yet and he isn't thrilled about the idea of doing that transition by himself. He knows I don't get out of bed in the middle of the night. Period. So he would be on his own for the night time parenting. When she started rolling out of bed we got side rails. She was able to climb in and out of bed by then so we weren't too worried about her getting trapped or anything.
    Mama to DD#1 Exclusive pumper for 3 months before getting back to breast

and

DD#2 Straight from the tap since birth

We co-slept our first until she was about 14 months, then she went to her 'big girl bed' b/c I was preggers and the bed was getting crowded. number 2 'kicked herself' out of our bed (she started wanting her crib) at about the time she self-weaned, 9 or 10 months. We're co-sleeping with number 3 right now. All three slept with us, and much more soundly, from birth.
    Babies are Just Awesome

now cloth diapering that
    Mom to Liv, Soph & now Baby Nate Nate

Are you typing with one hand, too?

birth: 7lbs 14oz / discharge: 7lbs 1oz / day 7 8lbs 1 oz / day 14 8lbs 15oz / day 28 10lbs 7oz / 9 weeks 13lbs 12oz/ 17 weeks 16lbs 2oz
    / 6 months 19lbs 7oz

We are cosleeping with our 14mo, and have since birth. with pp - we took our bed off of the frame (after reading Dr. McKenna's fab book which recommended doing that). Not sure how we'll handle weaning; neither of us is anywhere near ready for that.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png