and work wants me back already! In fact, I'm scheduled for THIS THURSDAY
The only way I agreed is because DH is still off. He suggested taking the boys to the dcp and he would come to work with me and the baby, to watch the baby while I see any patients (good luck with that, as Logan cries if anyone holds him but me usually). It's not all day, just for a few hours.
Here's my concern . . . OK, I usually work Wednesday afternoon and every other Saturday. I KNOW I'm not ready to do that. A) I'm not ready to leave my very young baby just yet -- and I told my boss that I didn't want to come back to work until he was at least 8 weeks old; and B) I haven't even started any pumping yet. I have OALD and OS, and pumping just makes it worse. I found last time that postponing storing milk until baby was 4 months avoided a lot of related issues for me. C) We haven't even tried any alternative feeding methods, and the baby won't take a pacifier. I think the boss (yep, a man, who isn't a fan of breastfeeding and thinks it's worthless after 3 months) may use this one day against me, KWIM and say I should come back sooner, like next week, to my regular hours.
I am planning to tell him Thursday that the only way I made it work so early was because DH could come with me and that I still need at least 2 weeks, but can anyone think of anything else I could say or do?
I'm not protected by FEMLA, and I'm actually not technically an employee because I am "self-employed" as a relief veterinarian (sort of like a substitute teacher), so he doesn't have to save my job. He could hire a different relief veterinarian. I like where I work, I have good staff, I have my own clients, so I don't want to mess things up.
gotta run, baby fussing.