Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pain without the lump?

Question Pain without the lump?

My right breast has a pain today that I haven't had before. There's no lump (had blocked ducts before, this is different). It's the underside of my right (the most active). It's tender to the touch. I've still got milk, LO is nursing no problem and nursing itself isn't painful.

It's also painful when I pick up LO. Any pressure on the breast hurts.

Any ideas?
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: Pain without the lump?

Hmm.. I've had something similar, but it was after DD had given by breast a solid kick while we were in the tub!

Does it hurt to nurse? This may seem obvious, but any undue bumps, kicks, squeezes?
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

It feels like a big, sore, bad bruise. I haven't been bumped or anything, I'm really at a loss.

At least we can still nurse.... I just hope that whatever it is won't need me to give this breast a break. The left doesn't produce enough without back up from the right.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

and

examine your nipple very closely - I had a super tiny injury and sent pains deep through to my chest and up over my shoulder You may have a blood blister or a small cut that's causing pain.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I had that last month and it turned out that I had mastitis. I didn't have any lumps to show that I had blocked ducts. My doctor put my on antibiotics and it cleared up pretty quick. Keep putting your lo on that breast first.

I decided to treat it as if I had a lump. I had a LONG hot shower last night. It's much better.
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Weaned @ 15 months

and