Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teeth

Default Teeth

This probably isn't the pest place to put this post, but I don't know where to put it!
    My 6 month old has 6 teeth and grinds them all of the time! It's like fingers on a chalkboard. He does it very hard and I am worried that he will chip a tooth. Does anyone have any advice? I have started touching his chin to stop him and saying no, but I'm not sure if he is too young to unerstand. He has a fierce bite! I made the mistake of putting my finger in his mouth and he nearly bit off the end. Luckily, no biting while nursing. He got his first 2 teeth at 3 months and bit down a cople of times, but not with the new teeth (knock on wood )

Default Re: Teeth

I think it's just a stage they go through. DD did this but it didn't last long. If you do a search you'll discover many a mom on here has worried about this! (Including me!)
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Default Re: Teeth

DD has been doing the same thing. I hate that sound. I just tell her no and touch her mouth with my hand to get her to stop. Similar to what you are doing. I also try and give her a paci and she can chew on that instead grinding her teeth.
    Wife to Levi 10/05/02
    Mommy to Kady 02/13/08

Birth: 7 lbs 11 oz 21 inches
    2 week: 8.5 lbs 21.5 inches
    2 month: 11.8 lbs 23 inches
    4 month: 15 lbs 25 inches
    6 month: 17.7lbs 26.5 inches
    9 month: 20.1lbs 27.5 inches
    12 month: 23 lbs 29.5 inches