Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAH!! I can't get her off!!

Thumbs down GAH!! I can't get her off!!

She's been on my breast for almost 2 hours now!

This growth spurt is going to kill me! I've switched sides 3 times now. I thought she fell asleep, took her off & she almost instantly woke & cried.

So do I just keep switching sides every 30 minutes?
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Red face Re: GAH!! I can't get her off!!

I am sorry you are going through that. Keep up the good work. My son has gone through growth spurts where he was on my boob all day. After a day or two your milk will adjust and increase to the amount the baby needs. I also drink Milk Mama tea when I want to increase my milk supply. It has fenugreek and fennel and some other ingredients. I have heard that it works for some and others it doesn't work at all. I buy it at Whole Foods Market and Sunharvest. Be careful though. You don't want to increase your milk supply too much. Good Luck.

Default Re: GAH!! I can't get her off!!

I also forgot to mention. When I needed a break and was almost in tears, i would have my husband defrost some breast milk and feed the baby and I would pump. Also, chamomile tea is very relaxing for you and for the baby through breast milk.

I drink Lunar Nursing Tea:
    http://www.lunareclipse-babies.com/p...ursingtea.html

I drink one cup in the morning and sometimes one at night. I'll have to sure to drink one tonight.

She finally came off after a little over 3 straight hours on the breast. I was afraid to put her down, so I let her sleep on me for over an hour. I had to put her down in the playpen because I HAD to go to the bathroom. So far, so good - she's still sleeping.

I have NO idea of when she'll be up - somehow I don't think going from the beginning of that nursing session will be accurate.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

and

Yikes. I hope this growth spurt is done soon! Have you tried oatmeal?

I remember one horrible night where DS was on the breast every 1/2 hour. Thank goodness that only happened once. Keep your chin up, mom.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bigredkorea View Post
    I also forgot to mention. When I needed a break and was almost in tears, i would have my husband defrost some breast milk and feed the baby and I would pump. Also, chamomile tea is very relaxing for you and for the baby through breast milk.
    careful because I believe it also supresses milk production IIRC
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Amysmom - You are doing a great job! Nursing through a growth spurt can be exhausting. But it sounds like you're doing everything right.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Mama, I could have written your post last week!

DD needed to be ON the boob All. Night. Long. No joke, she would root for it in her sleep!

Anyhow, it's passed.

Keep up the good work! It's exhausting, but there will be a lovely "new normal" afterward.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

awww poor you, I feel your pain. Same thing was happening to me. He was doing that everyday for at least the first month though. I really don't think it had anything to do with a growth spurt but wanting comfort and closeness.

Hang in there mom soon enough eating habits will change.

She slept for 4 hours and then was up every 2 throughout the night. She's in the 85% for both her weight and height for her age. So I'm not surprised that my little pumpkin was cluster feeding. We just hadn't had one that went for hours straight!

It's times like this that make me wonder how Mamma's do it that need to get out and do things. I'm lucky that I get to be here at home to cater to her needs and we didn't have anything scheduled yesterday.

Lil'Miss is currently rocking out in her swing.
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Weaned @ 15 months

and