Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: never let me put her down

Default never let me put her down

I really don't know the best place to put this thread. My question is though, should I let my 5 month old cry? She constanrly wants to be held and if not she wants my full undivided attention. Thank God for the baby bjorn. I can't even put her in a car seat without her screaming one stop to the other. She hates her swing. Sometimes I can manage to get her to sit in a entertainer while watching a movie for maybe two minutes. When it comes to naps they are almost non existent. If she does nap she wants me to nap with her. When it comes to bedtime I've tried a routine but it still rakes me 30min to 3hourd to walk her to sleep. Then she wakes up every 5min to an hour to walk her to sleep again. I feel like I am losing my mind. I never get anything done. Any advice?

Default Re: never let me put her down

Oh God, I am going through the same thing. I bought Elizabeth Pantley's "No Cry Sleep Solution" and "No Cry Nap Solution" recently. On day 1 she took 2 50 minute naps in her crib--unheard of. However, today was a complete failure and I had to put her in the Moby Wrap. This doesn't have anything to do with breastfeeding, but hang in there and I think it'll get better. I'm just going to keep working at the routine and hopefully it'll work soon.Good luck!
    for 1 year so far! Woot!

Bump!
    Carla
    LLL Leader

DS went through a similar no napping stage at that age. I think it's quite common. I know that isn't helpful in the least but at least you know you're not alone. Some babies are just more attached to mama. DD is this way and it's tough, especially with a toddler who also needs my attention.

Will she sleep in your carrier? If so I say just let her nap there while you do other things around the house. I haven't tried the "No Cry Sleep Solution" but I've heard wonderful things about it and would get if I felt I needed to go that route. Hopefully you find a solution soon. I think DS started napping well again around 7 months

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

It can be hard w/ a lo who you can never put down. I have been there. You asked if you should let your lo cry. Well sometimes you might have to. I am NOT advocating CIO. But if you need 2 minutes to go to the bathroom in peace than putting her in a safe place and letting her cry for 2 minutes isn't the end of the world. And crying in the car well btdt too. And what more can you do. You can't take the baby out of the seat, so for safety's sake she has to cry. It is hard I know. But I don't suggest letting her CIO to go to sleep. You said she want's you to nap w/ her. If you can swing it go for it. I would love to nap now, but I have a 3 year old who doesn't nap so no naps for me. They are only little for so long, and it will pass.

Here is a fussy baby link from Dr. Sears (granted a lot of this is for newborns but you may finds some useful tips) http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...lids-when.html

Sleep Problems from Dr. Sears - http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...lids-when.html

I hope some of this can help and again remember it won't last forever!

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

you are not alone, my 6 mo is a great baby, but always wants to be held or have attention. I cant let him sit alone for long at all, it gets old fast when i cant get anything done. I'm hoping this stage will pass soon. i know how you feel.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

At 5-6 months, my kid was the same way. If I put her down, she screamed. I was wearing a 17 lb child in the Baby Bjorn day in and day out. I thought my spine was going to collapse. DD eventually grew out of the "I don't want to be put down- EVER" stage, but it took a couple of months.

I totally second the advice to check out The No-Cry Sleep Solution. Even if it doesn't work for you, at least you feel like you are doing something!

If you're getting physically worn out from wearing your child constantly in the Bjorn, you might want to move up to an Ergo carrier, which I found to be easier on my back (particularly in the side/hip-carry position).

If you find that you are getting emotionally worn out, then do not feel too bad if your child ends up crying for a couple minutes while you step away and gather yourself together. She won't end up psychologically traumatized.

Hang in there! This ultra-demanding phase will pass.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

My daughter is going through that same phase! It can be very draining . She was tired of her swing, bouncer, activity saucer, crib, and all the toys! She would cry when I tried to put her in her swing or bouncer. What I did was I put the swing up. After a week, I put her in it and she swang for an hour! I guess it felt new to her again. Maybe you can try it and see
    Proud mama to Haydon-6 years old and Lillie-1 year old!

, and she is walking

We made it a year

I went through this with my DD2. She was hard to get to sleep and she would wake up constantly through the night and not want to go back to sleep. She would scream and cry the entire time we were in the car and that lasted until she was 2 yrs old. It was very frustrating and difficult to deal with. She started sleeping pretty well the last six months and she is almost 4 now. Some children are just needy and bad sleepers unfortunately.

My 9 mo old has to be held ALL day and wakes up every 5-10 minutes when she is teething. Could that be a possibility or has LO always been this way?