Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Adding back daytime nursings

Default Adding back daytime nursings

I originally started trying to wean my 19 month old because I wanted to be able to be away from her at night once in a while. I thought it would be easiest to get rid of the daytime sessions first, so that is what I did, mostly just by keeping her busy and distracting her. Well, now I've cut out the middle of the night nursings, too, and we are down to 2 brief sessions-one before night time and one before nap. Well, I still want to be able to leave her in the evenings sometimes, but now I'm sad that I won't be nursing at all! Do you all think it would be silly to add daytime nursings back in? Would she want her middle of the night nursings back, too, if I do this?

Default Re: Adding back daytime nursings

Just try to add the daytimes back and see. You can always leave the daytimes there and just nightwean.

You say you want to be away from her at night just and a while. I only nurse DD (17mos) to bed and once during the night and I have no problems leaving her with a sitter for date nights and I don't have to pump. The sitter just offers a sippy of water and puts her to bed. I've even been away overnight (I did pump once then) and she had no problem returning to our 2 nursing sessions when I returned. So, could you just keep with the 2 sessions you have now?
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

I have tried to leave her at night with her grandparents and tried to leave her at nap time, too. Sometimes she won't go to sleep at all, other times she will sleep for only a few minutes and then wake up. I've had to leave what I was doing because it was 11:00 and my daughter wasn't going to sleep. That is why I feel like I want to night wean. I think I'm just going to let her know that she can nurse during the day if she wants to and convince her (somehow) that she really can fall asleep without nursing.
    Thanks for the response, ladies