Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any of you working moms pump for your kids over 1yo while they are at sitter's?

Default Re: Any of you working moms pump for your kids over 1yo while they are at sitter's?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*imma2nonstopaa View Post

How did mamas who started using their stash (instead of pumping) decide it was time?

LO just turned 13 months, and I am pump weaned. For a while I was pumping 8-10 oz a day, and he would only drink half of that all day at daycare. So after he turned a year, I started offering whole milk and reducing my pumping. He has never been a big eater...he will nurse before bed, once during the night, early morning, and maybe a little here and there after we get home from daycare until bedtime. I constantly worry that he isn't getting enough (he is smallish, has dropped in weight and height % pretty consistently). However, DH and I are smaller, and pedi isn't worried because DS is active and ahead in milestones. I just didn't see the point in taking up my prep time with pumping if he was only eating half of what I pumped. He is drinking whole milk and water better every day.
    Mama to William James born January 2nd, 2008
    Nursed 2 years, 2 months! and I think we're done!
    And our new Lucy Jane born March 30th, 2010, 7 lb. 4 oz., 20.5 inches

Pro-breastfeeding quotes:
    http://www.quotegarden.com/breastfeeding.html

Default Re: Any of you working moms pump for your kids over 1yo while they are at sitter's?

I pump at work until Hunter was about 17 months. He was not drinking it at my Mil's and I felt like it was a waste. I tried giving him cows milk but he hates it. Since he still nurses like 4 times a day during the week, I'm not worried.

Formerly known as Huntersmomma
    Momma to 3 yr old Hunter proudly breast fed until 2 & 1/2
    Expecting baby #2, Due in Jan 2011