Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any of you working moms pump for your kids over 1yo while they are at sitter's?

Default Re: Any of you working moms pump for your kids over 1yo while they are at sitter's?

I pumped until my little one was 15 1/2 months. I've been without the pump at work for almost 6 weeks. I love not having to drag it around. She happily drinks, soy milk, juice, whole milk, lactose free milk.......

about anything you put in her cup!
    She still has ninny first thing in the am, naptime, bedtime and once through the night. The days I work (12 hour shifts with a 40 min one way commute) she gets ninny at 5am then again at 8pm when I get home and goes to sleep. While I'm gone all day she drinks just about anything the hubby gives her. When I come home after those long days and she runs at me gigggling and yelling "NINNY", it absolutely makes my day!!

Default Re: Any of you working moms pump for your kids over 1yo while they are at sitter's?

I pumped for DS until he was about 20 months old and I sent it with him to daycare. They rolled their eyes at me for a while until I told them that it was no different than kids with allergies who get something "special" in their cup... I don't regret it at all.
    Mari
    Mohamed 6-9-06
    Jad 11-27-08

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*missmari View Post
    I pumped for DS until he was about 20 months old and I sent it with him to daycare. They rolled their eyes at me for a while until I told them that it was no different than kids with allergies who get something "special" in their cup... I don't regret it at all.
    How judgemental of them to roll their eyes! I think it's awesome. Thanks for the input!
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    Nursing 3 or 4 times a day goes a long way towards meeting those nutritional needs, but IME you do need other sources of fat, calcium, etc.

Great info on kellymom.com about nutrition for a nursing toddler.
    Just wanted to clarify - I though toddlers who nurse at least 3-4 times per day do not need another source of calcium. I'm pretty sure I've read this on kellymom. They do need more fat than BF 3-4 times per day provides, but I think they're OK on calcium. Even my RD told me this and she didn't seem to be the most pro-BF person I've ever met. My DS is 100% dairy-free too because of cow's milk allergy.

I went back when DS was 10.5 months. He is 13 months now. I pump for one bottle on my lunch break, and he has it before his afternoon nap the next day.
    Nursing DS since 12/07. Always voraciously on all mothering-related topics. Switched to cloth when DS was 13 months, and haven't looked back.

My ds is 29 months old and I still pump for him for a bottle, however over the last month we were on vacation and doing alot travelling plane and train etc. He has seemed to stop drinking this bottle so I am thinking of pump weaning now. But have comfortably managed to pump all this time at work for him and if I had another one I would do the same thing. We are still nursing to sleep, in the night if he wants and when he wakes in the am. HTH

Mother to Zayne 19/8/06 2.56kg

Do most of you just pump enough for 1 or 2 bottles/sippies throughout the day?
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

My LO is 13 months. I pump once a day at work, about 3 ounces. She has it in a cup with her lunch the next day. She added an extra night nursing session a week after I started back.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*JosieWales View Post
    Do most of you just pump enough for 1 or 2 bottles/sippies throughout the day?
    I just pump enough for 2 bottles, which is all DS has since he's eating a lot of food now. At some point I'll quit altogether and start using my freezer stash, but right now I am not ready to do that.

How did mamas who started using their stash (instead of pumping) decide it was time?

Last edited by @llli*imma2nonstopaa; January 25th, 2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

DS is 18 months and i am still pumping at work, with no end in sight since we are having real problems with solids. My supply dropped significantly after we took our vacation this summer ( I think it was because I didn't pump for a full week) so especially during my cycle I don't always pump enough, but we give him drinkable yogurt on days when the milk supply is low.