Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: C-section and beginning breastfeeding...

Default Re: C-section and beginning breastfeeding...

Thanks ladies...some really good tips and advice in there! I am going to try to live and learn from the first baby...although I successfully breastfed for a year with my first DD, I wasn't as vocal (I really didn't know any better) and persistent from Day 1 and prob why we had initial issues!

When they came in during the middle of the night and claimed she lost 10% of her body weight, (I had no idea that was a mere couple of oz - my math wasn't on key i guess in the middle of the night) They kindly "suggested" I give 2 oz of formula...well i told them ok out of fear....but now I know better to just have them bring her to me instead...hopefully this baby wont give me as much trouble - sleepy was an understatement!!

I also sort of blame not being vocal with my REALLY big family...i LOVED that they all came and visited...but I know I wasn't putting my DD to the Breast every two hours, my room was a revolving doorway! which I loved and didn't mind, but probably wasn't the smartest for her and me!

Thanks again! We'll see how this one goes! I'll keep you updated!

Oh and I def agree it was at least 4-5 days before my milk came in with my first DD...I was def freaking out...when my husband found this site and helped us get through many of our initial problems! I can now only hope I am more of a "pro!"
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jlk51496 View Post
    I also sort of blame not being vocal with my REALLY big family...i LOVED that they all came and visited...but I know I wasn't putting my DD to the Breast every two hours, my room was a revolving doorway! which I loved and didn't mind, but probably wasn't the smartest for her and me!
    Sounds like you're already more prepared, just being more informed and experienced. I think you'll do great! It's amazing what a little bit of knowledge can do to combat fear tactics.

My room was the same way- the revolving door of constant visitors. At that point I gave up on trying to care, especially since my daughter was nursing almost constantly, so I just nursed no matter who was there. People that got uncomfortable just left and I was fine with that, too.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*carla View Post
    Yes, sometimes it may be completely necessary... Especially when formula is used as a *tool* to help a mother achieve exclusive breastfeeding. Kudos!
    Which it was and it did! Thanks
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and