Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Anybody used Avent Isis IQ and PIS?

elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Anybody used Avent Isis IQ and PIS?

I'm trying to decide which electric pump to get. Has anyone used both of these? Which one did you prefer?

Default Re: Anybody used Avent Isis IQ and PIS?

i have the medela PIS advanced and i really like it. sorry - i haven't used the avent isis IQ...but the following links on babycenter have comments/feedback for both pumps.

medela PIS:
    http://store.babycenter.com/product/...intcmp=&stage=

avent isis IQ:
    http://store.babycenter.com/product/...ps/9479?stage=

also, i've read that the ameda purely yours is pretty comparable to the medela PIS, just A LOT cheaper...so you may want to look at the ameda pump, too..
    http://store.babycenter.com/product/...ps/3884?stage=

HTH!

I have the Avent Isis IQ. I love it! It could be just me but, I have never had any problems getting a lot of milk in a short amount of time. It's comfortable and you can set it for different suction speeds and intervals. It also comes with the Avent manula pump which also works great. I haven't tried any other pumps so I can't compare them for you. I think you'll find that most of the pumping moms on the forum use the Medela PIS.

HTH

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

I LOVE the Avent hand pump, and would have LOVED to get the IQ because I think the "petals" do a great job massaging to produce more milk. But I have just opted to purchase the Ameda Purely Yours because it is way cheaper yet recommended by some moms here and elsewhere. Now that my DH has gone back to work I'll be pumping three times a day instead of once so I needed a double electric pump.

elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I already have an Avent hand pump. I love it, but it would be nice to be able to pump both sides at once. I'm just not sure it's worth it to spend so much money for a pump like the one I have! My DD isn't nursing as well as she used to, so I'd like to start stockpiling milk just in case.

Is the Avent IQ faster than the Avent hand pump?

[/QUOTE]Is the Avent IQ faster than the Avent hand pump?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. I have and like both but there is no comparison b/t the efficiency. The double electric Avent is WAY better. I just use the hand pump to relieve pressure at night if DS sleeps longer than usual or to pump a bottle at the same time I'm nursing on the other side.

I know the Avent is expensive (~$350) but I work so I need a good dual electric pump and I'm hoping it gets me through 2 kids. It's also a fairly new pump on the market so the price may drop eventually. If cost is an obstacle; I have never heard anything bad about the PIS and I think it's considereably less expensive.

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

I've used both and its a question of what is most important to you.
    The PIS is WAY more convenient for traveling (I have the one in a backpack). It seems more compact, plus there is a battery pack and car adapter that you can buy from madela.com.
    The Avent is less convenient and quite bulky. It also has a lot of 'pieces' that I find awkward to use, but I just got it yesterday so maybe I'm just getting used to it. The reason I bought it when I already had a PIS was that my milk supply was starting to dwindle. I think the Avent does a much better job of getting more milk in a short amount of time and it is much more comfortable.

I have the Avent ISIS Uno. I went back to work 3 months ago and have been using it 3 times a day 4 days a week since then. It was great until recently when the memory started reseting itself mid-pump and looses suction. Needless to say I'm looking for new pump or trying to get this one fixed. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or it's just from regular use. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by oncall24-7
    I have the Avent ISIS Uno. I went back to work 3 months ago and have been using it 3 times a day 4 days a week since then. It was great until recently when the memory started reseting itself mid-pump and looses suction. Needless to say I'm looking for new pump or trying to get this one fixed. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or it's just from regular use. Hope this helps.
    I've heard that Avent has decent customer service, have you contacted them about the problem? Good luck!