Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My gripes....

Post My gripes....

So I am laying down nursing the little one, she does her usual latch on, come off, cry, go back on, nurse for like three minutes, come off, back on....and so on, finally I say "this is bullcrap Lena, stop it I'm tired of it" in my stern I mean business voice. And she just looks at me and grins. Another gripe of mine....why do people always put their two cents in about
    "maybe its time to switch her over to formula" that just makes me instantly mad, yes I get up at three am to feed my baby,even though she is six months old I am sure that formula might solve that problem, but I would much rather be able to say, I didn't give in to the pressures to take the easy way out. Oh and another one, How come the only nursing bras they sell are white, nude or sometimes black, is there any pretty ones out there? Sorry for complaining, guess my period is coming

Default Re: My gripes....

your doing a great thing for your LO. and i doubt formula would help her sleep longer anyway.

and my LO will suck then pop off and suck again then pop off over and over and over, i think its b/c im pregnant... but thats another story lol
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

feel free to post any gripes ....i think it will be interesting

giiiirrrrrlllllllsssss.... you caught me on just the right day. This is my kind of topic

So I've been pretty public about my struggles with bf. But now I am loving it. My favorite "comments" come from co workers.."So how long are you going to keep this up?" (as they point to their boobs).... and I say... "I don't know, it's going well now, Im happy with it... I guess time will tell." and they say "hmmmmffffff".... boy oh boy does this make my blood boil. How can they make a judegment w/o any education? Or how about "Your hair loss is related to bf. You should just stop!" Finally I said to a coworker, "Oh yes baby girl, I'll stop providing you the best nutrition I can give for the sake of my vanity!" I also went on to explain how one has nothing to do with the other but that didn't go very far.
    Thank goodness for the occasional bf mother who does nothing but encourage! I get at least one of those a day so it helps

While I admit the idea of LO having TEETH freaks me out I'm not letting my decide when I'm going to wean! For some reason, even the supportive people around me (no one else is BFing or has BFed for any amount of time) have all "decided" that "Oh but when those teeth come in, the bottle's coming OUT."

I've said several times that my next goal is 6 months. However they seem to think that means that when LO is 6 months, 1 day, she'll be weaned on to formula! My 6 month goal does not mean that's the end, it's just my next benchmark - like 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 9 weeks and 12 weeks were.

Why is our weaning date a topic of conversation anyway?!?!
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

I used to get that all the time when I was nursing my two year old (since I'd still go pump at work twice, everyone knew...) They would say "I can't believe you're doing that to yourself" and "My gosh your boobs are going to be on the floor soon." I finally shut them all up by simply saying "When I want your opinion, I'll ask for it" or "When it's your life and your child, then you get to have an opinion, but this is our life and our choice, so please stay out of it." I lost some friends, but then again, how good are friends who constantly put you down?
    Mari
    Mohamed 6-9-06
    Jad 11-27-08

This is so timely...
    It's a constant battle. EVERYONE I know asks, "So, when are you going to be done BFing those twins!?". And it's with a completely clear tone of disapproval. Why would anyone ever think it's appropriate to ask such a question?? How about, "How's the BFing going these days?". People can be such idiots at times. Grrrrrr.
    The fact is that it is really challenging right now...pinching, pushing, bites, pulling, cries, x's two...but I can't tell anyone about it b/c they will say, "why don't you just give them bottles?" or "why don't you just pump?"...(like pumping enough milk for two babies will be an easier solution)...
    Sigh...

Ha ha...I can relate to most of these! I feel like every time I talk to some of my friends, the first question they ask is "So, are you STILL breastfeeding?". It got so annoying that I finally told a couple of them that they would be the first ones that I would inform when I stopped.

And I love how apparently my son is "spoiled" since I have chosen to breastfeed. My hubby's sister has made that comment several times when she has come over to our house because she doesn't want to hand him over when it's time for him to eat. I got so mad one day that I shot back "Since when is providing nourishment for your child considered spoiling them?" That shut her up for the most part.

The most recent annoyance is that my son has cut his first two teeth and everyone assumes that I need to wean him NOW. So far things are going great and I have received some great links from this forum for how to deal with biting if that time comes, which I'm sure it will, so I see no need to start weaning. I just love how everyone seems to know what you need to do, especially when most of them never breastfed or pumped a day in their life!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*dcpatri View Post
    This is so timely...
    It's a constant battle. EVERYONE I know asks, "So, when are you going to be done BFing those twins!?". And it's with a completely clear tone of disapproval. Why would anyone ever think it's appropriate to ask such a question?? How about, "How's the BFing going these days?". People can be such idiots at times. Grrrrrr.
    The fact is that it is really challenging right now...pinching, pushing, bites, pulling, cries, x's two...but I can't tell anyone about it b/c they will say, "why don't you just give them bottles?" or "why don't you just pump?"...(like pumping enough milk for two babies will be an easier solution)...
    Sigh...
    This makes me so mad. I always want to respond to the "when are you going to be done" questions (which I don't get much; I think people know I see it the way missmari does) by saying, "Probably about the same time you stop asking rude, intrusive questions. So it's probably going to be a while. "

My little one cut teeth right after thanksgiving, and has only bit me, maybe 5 times, the last one was early in the morning, around 4 a.m. or so, we are all cozy in bed, just me and her since hubby is deployed, but will be home in a few weeks. she just out of nowhere clamps down and I screamed really loud, she of course cried, but knock on wood hasn't bit me since.