Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: already?!?!?

Default already?!?!?

my daughter will be 7 weeks old on Monday and my period just started today. doesn't that seem early?
    Jillian
    Mommy to ...
    Ella (11/03/04)
    Owen (03/29/07)
    Cate (11/17/08)

Default Re: already?!?!?

Are you sure it's your period? It may be a continuation of your post partum bleeding. Mine stopped and started several times for 2 months.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Are you sure it's your period? It may be a continuation of your post partum bleeding. Mine stopped and started several times for 2 months.
    Mine did that as well. But it never went away. I think after the on and off bleeding for about 2 months, I had a 6 week break and it was back.

So while most women won't experience a period for some time while nursing some, like me, do.

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

I got my period back at 6 weeks pp and every 4 weeks thereafter
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I wondered if it was just a continuation of the post partum bleeding, but that stopped weeks ago...could that still be it???
    Jillian
    Mommy to ...
    Ella (11/03/04)
    Owen (03/29/07)
    Cate (11/17/08)

It still could be, but I think the only way you will know is to wait and see. If after it stops you don't see it again for many months or longer than that's what it was. But if it keeps coming back well than.... you'll be one of us lucky ones who can't escape it!

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

thanks, ladies!
    Jillian
    Mommy to ...
    Ella (11/03/04)
    Owen (03/29/07)
    Cate (11/17/08)

My post-partum flow went on for 8 weeks! It kept stopping and starting and my doctor couldn't do anything about it. Then I got my first period when DS was 3 months. Fortunately I found I only get periods now when he is 1) sleeping long stretches at night or 2) when we have an extremely busy day where he doesn't eat much during the day.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.

I got mine at 3 1/2 mo pp with DD3, 8 weeks pp with DD2 and 5 mo pp with DD1. Once it came the first time it came every 4 weeks after that.