Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exclusively Pumping Mothers out there?

Default Re: Exclusively Pumping Mothers out there?

Thanks everyone for the support! I love this sight ! I don't feel so alone anymore.

Thanks so much!!
    Proud mama to Haydon-6 years old and Lillie-1 year old!

, and she is walking

We made it a year

Hi Lillebelle!

I'm new to this site and don't know if this thread is still "hot" but I wanted to reply because I'm in the same boat and it's good to support each other! My son is 6 1/2 months and I have been pumping since the beginning because he is a preemie (8 weeks early). I was BFing and pumping for a while, but because of his severe GERD (reflux) and a fast let-down combined with oversupply on my part because of the pumping, the BFing wasn't working and now I exclusively pump. I pump 6-7x times a day. During the day I try to pump every 3-4 hours; if I'm home with him, I pump as soon as I've fed him so I'm as close to his schedule as possible. At night I have not gone longer than 5 hours without pumping, but I'm hoping to get some feedback from experienced moms to see if I can go longer now that my supply is established and because I have so much. I wish there was a milk bank nearby that I could donate to... yesterday's pump was 54 oz, and my son eats between 31 and 34 oz. depending on the day, naps, etc. So while I have plenty to spare, I also have an unfounded fear of losing my supply if I cut back and I am terrified of this. In all the mayhem of a premature birth and the disappointment of not being able to BF, being able to pump and supply him with my milk is SO important to me. Hopefully soon he'll start on rice cereal, and then I can maybe let one pump a day go.

It's good to know there are others out there! Pumpers, unite!!!!

Hey Cobocolorado! Wow 54oz!!! Thats awesome ! I pump between 30-33oz and my daughter, who is 5 months, takes in 25oz a day so I have some to freeze. I pump 4 times a day now which is so much easier!!!

I am so glad I have found this site because I can relate to other mothers in the same boat as me.

Beth
    Proud mama to Haydon-6 years old and Lillie-1 year old!

, and she is walking

We made it a year

I exclusively pump for my daughter who is 3 months old. She is my 2nd child who would not nurse. With my 1st son, I pumped for a year, and then had 3 months worth of frozen breastmilk for him. Right now I am still pumping 7-8 times a day. I pump about 50 ozs in 24 hrs. I am trying to stockpile frozen milk so I will be able to quit pumping around 10 months.