Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby rash :-(

Question baby rash :-(

Hi there,

I know tis is not a bf question. But i just thought i might benerfit by the experience of other mothers. My baby is in her 10th week. Right from birth she semed to have some rash like thing on her cheeks. The doc said its baby acne and relates it to hormonal changes. She has been free of it for over 2 weeks max in her 1o weeks of life outside my womb!!!! Is this normal??? Doc says 9/10 babies have them. I have heard some other abies suffering this as well. But is there a rmedy to it. I use Baby aveeno specially designed for treating Eczema.My doc diesn name it that but i tried this and it worked fine. But i cant eradicate it totally, although Aveeno helps.

Any suggestions? Experience????

mom2sarvagnya

Default Re: baby rash :-(

My dd also had this. Her ped called it "baby acne" and said it is very common due to mom's hormones remaining in baby's system after birth. It is common to stay longer in BF babies bc they are still exposed to mom's hormones. We didn't put anything on it at all and it was gone by about 10 wks. Our doc said treating it w/ creams & ointments would make it worse. I noticed it was worse when she spent any time outside on hot days. HTH.

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

It is acne... all my kids had it. I wouldn't put anything on it, though... it'll clear up on its own, and their skin is so sensitive at this age, that trying to treat it may do more harm than good. I know the acne is no fun. You want them to look cute and perfect for pictures, not blemished!! But, it will be gone very soon, I'm sure.

Does her face feel like sandpaper?