Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding "battle"

Default Breastfeeding "battle"

I am a full time work mom. I returned to my job 6 wks after delivery. My son is 2 and half month old now. My mom helps me taking care of baby during the day (big help!). I always pump at work so my mom can bottle feed my son during the day and I breastfeed my son after working and at weekends.
    3 wks ago my son started refuse my breasts. He didn’t even get close to my breasts yet then he started crying and “fighting”. But if I pump the milk and put into the bottle he will eat right a way without hesitate. I keep trying breastfeeding but seems like I lost the “battle”.
    1 wk ago something even worse happened. My son refused me while I were holding him bottle feeding. He preferred my mom to hold him. Seems like he “loves” my mom more than me. I am so depressed right now. What should I do? Quit my job?

Default Re: Breastfeeding "battle"

I'm sorry he's giving you a hard time!

you might find some tricks at this link:
    http://www.llli.org/FAQ/back.html

(I'm sure some cleverer mamas will give you good tips.)
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Is quitting your job an option?

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*cinderella0408 View Post
    1 wk ago something even worse happened. My son refused me while I were holding him bottle feeding. He preferred my mom to hold him. Seems like he “loves” my mom more than me. I am so depressed right now. What should I do? Quit my job?

I was really worried about this as well. I too, went back to work after 6 weeks, however, I now only work part time, mondays and fridays. My husband and I sat down, put pen to paper and figured out that two days a week would work, however we did try the option of me staying home all together and we couldn't make it work financially. My husband is home on Mondays with him and my mom keeps him on Fridays. He still takes my boob just fine. Can you maybe work part-time allowing you more time with your LO? See if you can make that work?
    Try not to get so down, there is no one on this earth (not even your mom) that will replace the love that your LO has for you and only you.
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Is quitting your job an option?
    If it is seriously give it some thought. Is part-time an option? Taking your baby to work? Visiting your baby during lunch or having baby brought to you? Do sleep with your baby at night, or at least near you in the same room?

Do what ya gotta do mama, it sounds like you guys desperately need some more time together.

Thank you for the reply moms. I will try the part time option. I can not quit my job financially. Hope my son will be close to me! My husband doesn't help much on baby so full time work and nursing do worn me out sometimes. Thanks again for the suggestion!

I'm so sorry that you are going through this right now. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and you mentioned that your hubby doesn't help out much with the baby, so do you think that maybe your baby could be sensing that you're a bit stressed out? I think that switching to part time would be a great idea if you guys can afford to do so. That would allow you to spend more time with your baby without the added stress of a full time job. Plus, it would give you more time to do things for yourself to help you relax, like taking a nice warm bubble bath at the end of the day. You would be surprised how much of a difference little things like that make for you and your baby!