OK. This has been going on for months now. I haven't made a big deal out of it because I thought it might be one of those things she outgrows esp. if I don't act as if it's a big deal, like an imaginary friend or talking about doo-doo.

We nurse these days mainly first thing in the a.m. and last thing at night with maybe one or two sessions during the day, sometimes none. She's almost 15 mos old. Since around Sept., when she unlatches because she's finished, she will immediately grab the same nipple she was nursing and won't let go until she falls asleep or is distracted by something more interesting. Sometimes she even nurses one nipple and grabs the OTHER one at the same time. She gets upset when I try to pry her little hand off. So most of the time I let her as long as it isn't hurting. she doesn't do it all the time, but I wonder if this has something to do with weaning and being VERY attached to mommy (which I love esp knowing one day she'll outgrow that big time). When we BF in the bed in the morning, she falls asleep with nipple in hand and I ca then pry her fingers off. at night, she is hypervigilant about it: she falls asleep nipple in hand and i have to wait until she is totally limp and deeply asleep before prying or she wakes up and gets whiny.

I know one day I'll miss all this . . . . . . meantime what is going on here? any ideas?