Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need some help.....

Default need some help.....

dd is 6mo old..n ebf...no bottles n pacifiers ever....shes gaining wt well.....
    she nurses every 2-3hrs during the day and sleeps4-5 hr stretches at night....she gets 5-6 wet diapers ( though 3-4 days back she had4-5 wet diapers for 2 days) n 1-2 dirty diapers daily...
    i have noticed since yesterday that my letdowns were taking quite long to come and i am having only 1 letdown during a nursing session..before yesterday my letdowns used to happen quite fast and I always had 2 or more letdowns ....dd nurses to sleep n the slow letdowns yesterday n today frustrated her to no end..she cried n popped off and then latched again sobbing n crying....breaks my heart to see that I cant meet her needs....eventually the let down will happen n she will eat n go mmmmmmm n sleep....I have ALWAYS felt my letdowns...its like this buildup of milk followed by rushing of milk towards my nipples..like floodgates abt to open....since yesterday am not really feeling them....
    whats wrong with me???any ideas/suggestions/tips??? this is getting me really worried n scared....
    thanks!!

ETA--does this indicate my supply going down???
    Last edited by @llli*preggymama; December 30th, 2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: add text

Default Re: need some help.....

It's pretty common for the sensation of having a letdown to disappear or diminish over time. With my first DD it had almost completely disappeared by six months.

It is possible that something has happened with your supply, though. Has anything with you changed? Are you staying well hydrated? Have you been sick?
    Rachel

Mama to my precious girls, Abigail and Naomi

"When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit." - Elizabeth Cady Stanton in a letter to Julia Ward Howe, October 16, 1873. Recorded in Howe's diary at Harvard University Library.

no nothing with me has changed...the only thing I can think of this that I havent been drinking my "normal" amount of water daily...

Same happened to me when I started my DD on cereal and food, however, I noticed that my liquids had diminshed. I started taking fenugreek and drinking H20 like crazy, and I started to feel my letdowns again! Don't give up!!
    First time Mommy to Gianna and lovin' my Lil' Family! Head over heels for my DH

Almost one year and counting!!! Love to and

thanks lovebug..I have upped my water intake and also started having a bowl of oatmeal for b/fast....