Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: poor bubs had had a bad cold breastfeeding has been so hard

Default poor bubs had had a bad cold breastfeeding has been so hard

hey ladies,

so its happened the first cold of many well we did well shes 3 1/2 months now but gosh breastfeeding has been challenging to say the least, so maiya has reflux so to put it lightly bf has been hard from the start but now gaviscon has sorted that out( trust me I tried everything else before using gaviscon even my osteopath but had to use it in the end) so back to the cold, she feeds really oddly at the moment today was the worst she hardly fed today and if she did it was a few minute here and a few minutes there then almighty screaming so it went on like this all day until her 7 ish feed there was screaming but not as much her nose isnt even as blocked as it was, any ideas I was thinking of a sore throat.

Default Re: poor bubs had had a bad cold breastfeeding has been so hard

I'm sorry you guys are having a bad time. You never know what lo's going to get with a cold. I would call her ped and find out what he thinks. Have you tried holding her in different positions to bf? I found that ds was more comfortable feeding in different positions. I hope she gets better soon. p.s. I'd always go with your gut, if you're worried that something is wrong with her call or take her to the ped.
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11