Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Hi everyone!

I'm a new mom, and new to the forum. I'm happy to say that I've been exclusively BFing my DD for almost seven months. However, just yesterday, I developed what seems to be a dip in my supply. My let down is taking sometimes 15 minutes, and in the meantime, she is becoming frustrated/distracted/and beginning to bite. Not good. I'm trying to nurse her more frequently, but it's becoming a full body workout to keep her in place. I'm so afraid my supply will dip, and as it is my supply is draining that I use when she is in daycare.
    Any advise I will gladly take!

-Bridget

Default Re: Help!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bpom View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm a new mom, and new to the forum. I'm happy to say that I've been exclusively BFing my DD for almost seven months. However, just yesterday, I developed what seems to be a dip in my supply. My let down is taking sometimes 15 minutes, and in the meantime, she is becoming frustrated/distracted/and beginning to bite. Not good. I'm trying to nurse her more frequently, but it's becoming a full body workout to keep her in place. I'm so afraid my supply will dip, and as it is my supply is draining that I use when she is in daycare.
    Any advise I will gladly take!

-Bridget
    Great job on the bf!

When my supply is low eating oatmeal always helps me and lots of other moms around here. You could also try pumping after every nursing session to help increase your supply.

Are you offering your breast at the first signs of hunger? This may help your lo not become so impatient at the breast. You could also try to pump before nursing so your dd will achieve letdown faster. Remember the best thing you can do for your supply is to let your dd nurse as frequently and as long as she desires.

Hope I was able to help some!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

You've come to the right place for support. Hope we can help! Have you started your period? Have you had any significant changes to your daily routines? Its probably just a phase so don't get too worried yet. Sounds like you know what you're doing and are willing to work through the challenges.
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

Just wanted to welcome you, I'm new too!! Have you tried pumping more?
    for over a year now!!!

Xavier 11/5/08

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jtandaj View Post
    Have you started your period?
    This was the first question I thought of, too. A lot of moms notice a significant drop in supply right before their periods, but if they do what you're doing- i.e. nurse more frequently- their supplies bounce back quickly.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I agree with pp. This just happened to me about a week ago and then a few days, later AF returned. My supply took a huge hit, but then once my period started, my supply came back witha vengence. Pumps as much as you can. I had to add in a few extra pumping sessions to help make up. Good Luck.

I def noticed the week before all my AFs .. it should pick back up in a couple of days....

I also found great success with fenugreek..i took 3 pills 3x a day!!

HTH
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!