Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Will not pumping at night decrease my milk?

Default Will not pumping at night decrease my milk?

My baby is four months old. I feed her regularly during the day, usually around 6AM, 10AM, 2PM, 6PM and 10PM. (5 feedings).

She sleeps through the night, and frankly, I'm getting annoyed with getting up at 2AM just to pump. Will my milk decrease if I just sleep through the night???

Thanks,

Amy

Default Re: Will not pumping at night decrease my milk?

It will. But if your baby doesn't get up to eat then perhaps you don't need it....only five times during the day seems a little light. I see that she's going 4 hr intervals with out eating-consistently. You can see what happens. I think you may find you'll wake up out of sheer discomfort. 8hrs is a LOOONG time for you not to pump or feed! Perhaps it would be less irritating if you got up @4? Then you'd be getting 6 straight hours of sleep?

Default Re: Will not pumping at night decrease my milk?

Thanks for the reply.. There's probably another feeding in there somewhere as were not on a specific schedule, and we give her one bottle of formula at night, just before bed.

I'm afraid if I pump at 4, she'll wake up at 5-5:30 and she won't get enough. I'll stick with it another couple of months and by that time she'll be starting on solids and maybe it won't matter then anyway. It's not killing me, it's just getting a bit old!

Thanks!