Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is there anything I can do?

Default Is there anything I can do?

I left my freaking pump at home!!!!! I was running late and trying to get out the door this morning and took off without it! And then when I tried to run home and get it, my mother called to inform me I forgot to give her Katy's bottle, and by then I had no time, and I could not be late for work. So now I have no pump, no way of getting my pump, and I wont be going home until about 8pm. Is there anything I can do at all? I already have major supply issues. (I think she's getting more from formula than me right now while I'm struggling to find time to pump around my other 2 kids.) I desperately want to keep going, b/c it's so much better for her, but this is feeling like the last straw in a difficult and unpleasant BFing journey. Ive never tried hand expressing, so I dont even know how to. Or should I just count this as a lost day?
    I'm Shannon!
    Single, babywearing, barefoot in the grass mama to 3 wonderful babies!
    Abby 11-25-03
    Terry 9-29-06
    Kate 6-12-08
    and my Jack 11-17-02, gone to God at 11 weeks

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

"I am going to be happy today, though the skies may be cloudy or gray. No matter what comes my way, I am going to be happy today."

Default Re: Is there anything I can do?

do you have something to catch the milk? I'll be right back with some links to videos for hand expression. You may not get as much with hand expression, but you may get more
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I wouldn't count this as a day lost. I hope these help

Hand Expression Video

Hand Expression Video 2
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

could your mother bring you your pump, or go get the bottle for you? Can you ask her to do some leg work for you while your at work? BTDT I hope that your day goes by smoother than it started
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

try hand expession!
    Or you'll be missarable by the end of the day...
    Even if you have to catch milk in a hot cup at least that would be some milk