Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Working & Breastfeeding

Exclamation Working & Breastfeeding

I am a new mom. My daughter is 4 1/2 months old and I have noticed that milk supply has decreased. I work 6 days a week 8hrs a day and while I am at work I pump every 2-3 hours. Everytime I pump, I am only getting maybe 2-3 oz out of both sides. I feel like I'm not supplying milk fast enough to save for when I take her to daycare. I need some advice on how to increase my milk supply fast.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Working & Breastfeeding

That actually sounds really good and completely normal. How much is she taking a daycare? Before we switched to an in home daycare the center was overfeeding my son. You see that problem all the time here, daycare just wants a ton of milk, because that's often how they pacify.
    It may have been that you had an oversupply before and now it's settling down into a just enough supply for you guys. Is it just that your having trouble pumping what you used to?

Check all your pump parts for wear, make sure nothing needs replaced. Try eating oatmeal in the mornings and drinking plenty of water. Breast compression and massage when your pumping also helps.