Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Relactating?

Question Relactating?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not to post this but here goes, hope someone can help me out.

My daughter is 16 months old, going on 17 months soon and has not breastfed since she was 13 months old. Nothing has changed for me, and i've never had a problem with leaking or anything since she's weaned (with the exception of a pregnancy I lost in November)...until today. I felt that my breast was leaking and sure enough, I gave it a squeeze and full out milk came out! I was active today, cleaning, but that's not uncommon because I clean a lot and my nipples have been especially sensitive for a couple of days now but i'm about three days away from ovulating so it's not too unusual I think. My question is, has this happened to anyone? Just relactate like this out of the blue? I mean, it's not a lot, my breasts don't feel full but it's there. Any suggestions on what this could be? Is this something that just happens sometimes? I mean, it's been a long time since i've lactated, a longggg time. (I seriously doubt pregancy because we have been VERY careful). Thanks!

Default Re: Relactating?

This hasn't happened to me because I'm still nursing my almost 3 year-old, but I've heard of things like this happening to other moms. It can take a long while for your milk to totally dry up.

Are you interested in nursing again? If so, you can certainly go for it! If not, just wait and the milk will dry up. If it takes a really, really, really long time, you might want to talk to your doctor and get your prolactin levels checked.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"