Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need help from anyone who has taken Reglan

Default Need help from anyone who has taken Reglan

Anyone who has taken Reglan: can you please post comments, did it work for you, any side effects, etc.

Default Re: Need help from anyone who has taken Reglan

Sorry. I am one of the unusual women who it didn't do much for (though I tried to persuade myself it did for a while). I quit kidding myself when I noticed that I was starting to slip into depression. Lot of women out there that it is a miracle for and I was high risk for the depression (just desperate for the increase in milk) so don't think I am typical.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I used it, had no side-effects, and found it helpful. In addition, I was taking fenugreek and blessed thistle, and also pumping every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night using a hospital-grade pump (a Medela Lactina). Of all the things I did, I would say that the combination of Reglan and lots of pumping with a high-quality pump were the most helpful. I think the Reglan would have helped on its own, but my feeling was that the hospital-grade pump significantly increased its efficacy.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

i know that i have almost no milk because i stopped breastfeeding for almost 2 weeks due to mad medical advice and thrush. thank you so much!!

I am taking it right now, and it has been a huge help for me! My supply went up within a couple days. I haven't has any side effects, if anything, I'm doing better emotionally than I used to be. I know that is unusual though.
    I'm Shannon!
    Single, babywearing, barefoot in the grass mama to 3 wonderful babies!
    Abby 11-25-03
    Terry 9-29-06
    Kate 6-12-08
    and my Jack 11-17-02, gone to God at 11 weeks

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

"I am going to be happy today, though the skies may be cloudy or gray. No matter what comes my way, I am going to be happy today."

I took it but as an anti-nausea when i was pg. It did work for me but after about a month I ended up very jumpy. I had a lot of nervous energy and could not sit still or concentrate.
    Wife to Michael since 11/03/01

SAHM to DD#1 1/23/95 BF 3 days
    DS#1 9/6/03 BF 6 months
    DS#2 3/1/06 BFing with no end in sight and...
    DD#2 11/04/2008 going strong.

Never thought I would tandem nurse but here I am!

214***210********200****195****190****185****180****175****170* ***165

I am taking Reglan and have noticed a little increase in supply. Weighing my LO before and after feeds, I have increased to him getting 2 oz per feeding up from 1 1/2 oz for a net increase of about a 1/2 oz. I am currently taking mothers milk tea hoping for more... Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    Sorry. I am one of the unusual women who it didn't do much for (though I tried to persuade myself it did for a while). I quit kidding myself when I noticed that I was starting to slip into depression. Lot of women out there that it is a miracle for and I was high risk for the depression (just desperate for the increase in milk) so don't think I am typical.
    Same here, on all regards.