Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do babies stop pooping when they are ready for solids?

Default Re: Do babies stop pooping when they are ready for solids?

I'm also going to see if I can move this thread to the "Solids" forum, just to see if you can get some more replies, etc.
    Carla
    LLL Leader

Wow, if I would have waited for Caitlyn (now 19 months old) to stop pooping before starting solids, she would still only be getting breastmilk
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07

I think this was the first thread I made in here months ago-

I think there may be something to what this woman said about a change in the flora around 6 months!!!

My baby started having stinky poops & much less frequent at 6 months adjusted age. She hasn't pooed in 6 days. There has definitely been a change in her intestinal tract... I believe it could mean she is ready to process solids.
    Nursed for 18 months

Let me add that her body might be ready but she is not interested. She prefers measuring cups to the food in front of her.

The other day she threw up on a tiny chunk of carrot at the end of a meal (it wasn't 100% smooth pureed), which was sad but I got to see how much she got in her belly. It was probably 1/16 or 1/8 of a teaspoon. And that was self feeding. Since then she hasn't put food to mouth, just played in it with her hands. Anyway this is a fun and interesting time!!
    Nursed for 18 months

Sounds like you are right on track. I started introducing food to my lo at 6.5 mo. but she wanted nothing to do with it until close to 9 mo. Her first food that she LOVED was carrots - and she insisted on self-feeding (what a mess!)
    But now that she is just over 10 mo. old, she LOVES food and I have to encourage her to nurse - go figure!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!