Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 7 w.o. aggressive at breast

Default 7 w.o. aggressive at breast

My 7 week old at some feedings through out the day is very aggressive while nursing. He gets restless and kicks those legs, he latches and then relatches like a animal going in for the kill. Fortunately my nipples are fine and his diappers are good. But what I'm wondering is, is this normal? Does it stop? Is it something I'm doing ie. position, maybe my breast is empty(although it doesn't seem empty)?

Thank you
    for over a year now!!!

Xavier 11/5/08

Default Re: 7 w.o. aggressive at breast

This all sounds very familiar. D is fine and at 7 mo still goes after whatever he wants like that (he wants other things as well as boob now thank goodness)
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Have you tried swaddling him before nursing? Some times when they're little they need help controlling their little bodies.
    Renee
    LLL Leader

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*LLLRenee View Post
    Have you tried swaddling him before nursing? Some times when they're little they need help controlling their little bodies.
    We used to swaddle and rock.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I will try that

Thanks
    for over a year now!!!

Xavier 11/5/08

just as an FYI I am one of only 2 mothers I know that had babies that would not be swaddled. Both babies screamed and howled and moved until they were either taken out of the swaddle or got out of it themselves. My now 7 mo will just about take it but I only do it when he is horribly over tired.

Good luck with the swaddle and think about what good stories you are getting to embarrass LO with when he gets to be a teenager.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.