Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP! Bottle refuser

Default HELP! Bottle refuser

my daughter is almost 3 months old, in 2 weeks i am going back to full time job. I am planing to pump at work, so i've been trying to introduce a bottle.
    She took it once when she was 1 month and I didnt try since, now she refuses completely. she doesnt even suck on it, also not on a pacifier.
    I am really panicking... any advices???

Default Re: HELP! Bottle refuser

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jr View Post
    my daughter is almost 3 months old, in 2 weeks i am going back to full time job. I am planing to pump at work, so i've been trying to introduce a bottle.
    She took it once when she was 1 month and I didnt try since, now she refuses completely. she doesnt even suck on it, also not on a pacifier.
    I am really panicking... any advices???
    Sometimes you have to try a few different bottles before you can find one that your lo likes. Also, are you trying to give her the bottle or someone else? My daughter will not take a bottle from me but has no problem taking one from dh or grandma. Maybe you could try this.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Unhappy Re: HELP! Bottle refuser

thanks,
    I am trying different bottles with no luck so far...
    any specific kind you can recommend?
    I heard that may be rubber nipples instead of silicon ones might do the trick, any experience with that?
    She also doesn't take the bottle from her dad, and since we live abroad now there is no other family (grandpa and grandma) to help us out.

I am really worried that she will go on a hunger strike in the day care. She is not a big baby, and can't afford loosing weight.

Some babies won't even take a bottle when mom is in the house. They just seem to know that boobs are near by. Also, there are alternate ways of feeding baby your milk if she just flat out refuses. A small flexible cup or medicine dropper work as well. Babies won't starve themselves. Also, many babies just wait until mom is around and then marathon nurse.
    Renee
    LLL Leader

We had luck with the Playtex Drop-Ins bottle with a silicone NaturaLatch nipple.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.