Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She is 1

Default She is 1

I really can't believe that I can post here now, and I never thought we would make it this far. We made it through an emergency delivery at 37 weeks, a 1 week NICU stay, low birthweight, low supply and all that comes with it. I am so happy to have done the best for my daughter.

I am also happy to start thinking about pump weaning, i hate it so much! I mentioned it to my DH (SAHD) and he was like "Already? Can we do this a little more gradually?" Haha. Maybe I should wait. I pumped double what I usually do this morning, with all the extra teething related night nursing over the weekend......
    new mom to yael justine, born 12/20/07 4lbs 7oz

cloth diapers all the way!

Default Re: She is 1

smart daddy!
    Hes right pump wean slowly over time....
    How is baby doing with soilds?

She will eat anything and everything solid-wise, and lots of it! She is still small, short and about 17 pounds, but she comes from the shortest family ever. She has had started to get some cows milk when i am at work, she loves that too. I have been having less and less milk during the day (never more than 2 ounces a session, usually less), she still nurses A LOT at night though.

long as toddler is nursing 3-4 times in 24 hours they don't need any extra cows milk.
    http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...s.html#cowmilk

Congratulations and welcome to the group of Mama's nursing after one!

HB to your LO!!!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Congrats Good job mama! It's so nice to make it to that one year point. You've got a great story, make sure you share as much as possible!
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

Thank everyone! Just recently, LO has become a cuddler. She cuddles her toys, the dog, etc. Yesterday she squealed and pulled up my top....I thought she wanted to nurse so I i got in position. She just smiled and hugged my breast. heart melting.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bakelite View Post
    Thank everyone! Just recently, LO has become a cuddler. She cuddles her toys, the dog, etc. Yesterday she squealed and pulled up my top....I thought she wanted to nurse so I i got in position. She just smiled and hugged my breast. heart melting.
    Awww... that is so sweet, mama... my LO does that sometimes too... she will sit on my lap and try to pull my shirt up. I'll ask her "Do you want moo-moo's?" And she replies by shaking her head yes... So when I take my breast out she will start laughing, and maybe suck for just a few seconds, then unlatch and pat my breast as if to say "Ok, just wanted to make sure they were still there..." Toddler nursing is THE BEST!!!!

BTW, welcome to the "nursing beyond 1" club!! It's so much fun!!

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.