Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: black tea and milk supply

Default black tea and milk supply

I love black tea with milk. Have abstaied for all of my pregnancy and only recently have started drinking a little coffee. I am battling a supply issue currently.
    Does black tea mess with milk supply ? (I love it with oodles of milk and find that it gives me some "me" time )

Default Re: black tea and milk supply

I think I read somewhere that drinking black tea increased supply

but don't quote me on that . . . I'm going to go and find where I saw that... be back with a link shortly

ETA: sorry, ...it was an opionoin board http://www.inspire.com/groups/preemi...t-milk-supply/ I don't know if there is any merit to it or not. The comment about the black tea is about half way down the page by a poster named Anna5
    Last edited by @llli*sch.mommy; December 21st, 2008 at 07:23 PM.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

oops - multiple post.

I remember hearing the opposite, but Kellymom says that's a myth also...
    http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/caffeine.html