Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something that only BF Mothers understand...

Default Something that only BF Mothers understand...

So, we're on day 6 of our partial nursing strike. DS has been friendly with the ladies and asks to nurse, but he just gets so shy when it comes time to get down to business. Anyway, this morning he woke up before me, and when he saw that I was awake, he asked to nurse. I brought out my breast, and he nursed a little bit--he didn't just point at it!

Later on in the day, he fell asleep on the way home from our outing, and when we got home, he woke up and nursed. Tears were in my eyes because my baby had nursed and he didn't have to be asleep to do it!

If we make it out of this strike, I'll never take nursing for granted again. The strike has shown me that everything else can wait because our nursing relationship isn't going to be around forever. No one around me understands our nursing bond, but I know that ya'll do.
    Last edited by @llli*milkface; February 5th, 2009 at 02:34 PM.

Default Re: Something that only BF Mothers understand...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*milkface View Post
    So, we're on day 6 of our partial nursing strike. DS has been friendly with the ladies and ask to nurse, but he just gets so shy when it comes time to get down to business. Anyway, this morning he woke up before me, and when he saw that I was awake, he asked to nurse. I brought out my breast, and he nursed a little bit--he didn't just point at it!

Later on in the day, he fell asleep on the way home from our outing, and when we got home, he woke up and nursed. Tears were in my eyes because my baby had nursed and he didn't have to be asleep to do it!

If we make it out of this strike, I'll never take nursing for granted again. The strike has shown me that everything else can wait because our nursing relationship isn't going to be around forever. No one around me understands our nursing bond, but I know that ya'll do.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Now that I've been turned down for a goldfish cracker before I know what you mean.

"Children reinvent your world for you." Susan Sarandon

I hope the stike is over!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*milkface View Post
    No one around me understands our nursing bond, but I know that ya'll do.
    We sure do! I'm glad to hear he seems to be back at the breast. I hope everything is back to normal soon.
    Sue
    LLL Leader

I have to say though, we've weaned now (as of December 1st, dd is turning 4 in February) and I'm LOVING our new relationship! I cried when she said she didn't want 'den' anymore but now we seem to have loads of cuddle times and it's nice to NOT have a freezing belly or jaws heading for me!
    So, when it's time, although it will be a bit bittersweet, I'm sure it will be way more sweet than bitter!

Ohh mama its so hard. To be rejected over and over. All you want is to nurse again, and by nurse I dont just mean feed. I mean to sit and look into your LO eyes make that connection. I promise that you will be able to find a way to do that in different ways after you have stoped nursing. BUT hopefully you two will work thru this. I think that the hardest part is you have no warning about whats to come I only wish you the best in this time of your relationship
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Thanks, mamas. DS has come back to his beloved new-news. He nursed to sleep on Friday night, and they yesterday he wanted to nurse more and more as the day went on. I would have made peace with it if he had stopped nursing, but I'm so glad that he didn't. I wasn't ready for our nursing relationship to end, and I really wasn't ready for the flood of emotions that came on when the strike began. From now on, I'm just going to enjoy nursing the Little Man.

i totally know what you mean, my lo's on a nursing strike and it's hectic how emotional and irritable i am - my poor husband's getting the brunt of it .. how do you girls deal with it?