Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oversupply to undersupply.

Default Re: Oversupply to undersupply.

I had the same thing happen with my first lo when he turned 3 mo. I was FREAKED OUT! But after my period started, my supply went back to normal. A few days before my period each mo (until he was maybe 9-10 mo.) my supply would drop a little and he would get a bit fussy when eating. Nothing serious. Good news is sometimes it takes a little longer with baby #2. Didn't come back fully with this baby until 6 mo! Now that you know, you don't have to worry so much when your supply dips a bit - you'll know why!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Oh Lord!
    So after spending the weekend A.) welcoming AF back and B.) nursing/pumping all the time to get supply back (had I known it was due to AF, i wouldnt have tried so hard)- my OS has returned full force.... I am talking first month of nursing OS. I woke up engorged, fed DS on left breast and pumped off 2 oz. on right so that I could make it to work without popping. I am pumping right now and am, as we speak, at 8 oz. from the right breast alone, not including the 2 oz. from this morning!!! Ha Ha Ha! I will never complain again about being over or under.

oh no..
    at least you've got things figured out and you can know what to do for next time.

I hear you momma...that was me for the first 6 mo. of this baby's life. Over, under, WAY OVER, under, and now, I think at 6 mo. finally evened out. Don't worry - you will feel uncomfortable and frustrated by the over supply. But when you get to 6 mo. you will be SOOOOO grateful that you were able to provide all of that healthy milk for your baby.

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!