Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: She asked for water instead of BM...

Default She asked for water instead of BM...

For our bedtime routine DH and I will read books with DD downstairs and I'll occasionally ask her between stories if she's ready for night-night and if she wants milk. If she was tired and ready for bed her response would be to say and sign milk. Well last night DH asked her if she wanted milk and she said yes and then proceeded to walk to the kitchen and then ask/sign for water. I followed and again asked if she wanted milk and she said no, water. So I grabbed her sippy of water and brought her up to bed. At first I wasn't sure what to do at that point. I'm so used to nursing her down that I thought, so now what do I do? Do we sit in her nursing chair? Do I just put her down in the crib? I felt so clueless. So we sat in our nursing chair with her water and her lovey and she must have drank half the bottle of water. But then she said done and asked/signed for milk. So, I nursed her to sleep.

OMG. In that moment, when thinking that perhaps we were done nursing to bed, I really felt sad. Gosh this weaning stuff is hard.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

Default Re: She asked for water instead of BM...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilbirdie22 View Post
    Gosh this weaning stuff is hard.