Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: DS woke up Dry?!

Default DS woke up Dry?!

He slept from about 11-6am and when he woke up this morning his diaper was relatively dry. he nursed a few times before he went to bed, should i be worried though?
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

Default Re: DS woke up Dry?!

No, I don't think you need to worry. Some babies don't like being wet at night and do learn to hold it in when they are fairly young.

You'll probably get a soaked diaper tomorrow night.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

how many times did he nurse during 11 and 6? if he didn't nurse, or nursed only once, I wouldn't worry about it. Now if he hursed every hour and didn't have a wet dipe I'd be concerned
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

he didnt nurse at all between 12-6am. he nursed a tad around 11 pm i believe

i was just shocked b/c normally he wakes up soaked.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

Probably no big deal, BUT......... you did just get that BFP right? Keep an eye on your supply. I hope that's not the problem, but I wanted to mention it.

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jjgj.28 View Post
    Probably no big deal, BUT......... you did just get that BFP right? Keep an eye on your supply. I hope that's not the problem, but I wanted to mention it.

yea that made me worry a bit. hopefully by the time he wakes up again in a bit, he'll be soaked.

I wouldn't worry...my son wakes up dry all the time, then at the next diaper change he is soaked. I think he holds it all until morning and lets it go all at once.

whew thanks so much ladies, i was ready to call the pedi. He had a wet diaper not too long ago. so i think all is well

My DS went through a bout of dry morning diapers somewhere around the 7 month mark. What some of the forum members suggested for me was not to focus on that, but keep an eye on the daily diaper count. I started laying 6 diapers on the changing table every day, and if they were gone by night I knew not to worry! It made it easier for me to keep track of the diaper count this way.

My DS is 14wks and generally his diaper is not 'full' when he gets up first thing, I then change it and within an hour have to change another disposable because its full. I figure he just hangs on until morning like grown up's do and hope it means that when he is 5 or 6 he will not have bed wetting like his older brother.