Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need encouragement

Default Re: Need encouragement

Quote Originally Posted by amandalynn
    I could understand if this particular leader had a problem with milk sharing or was having an off day, but what she said about my sister falls in the realm of just making mean derogatory comments behind her back. Another member asked about me using my sister's milk (who BTW, though it was great) and the leader laughed and said to the other member that my sister was "one of those cow women". I was very shocked and hurt by her negativity towards me for having a long term goal (I still don't see how 3 years is unreasonable) but was appauled by her childish name-calling of my sister for no apparent reason other than to just simply be nasty. Maybe someone could direct me to where I could submitt a letter regarding her actions, as I am certain LLL must have some sort of guidelines for their leaders' behavior.
    Perhaps jealousy? Perhaps she really really struggled to breastfeed her own baby and only made it to the year mark or less. Maybe the idea of someone having no problem and is easily able to provide enough to for her own child and also help someone else out gets her. It happens. The same women who told me breastfeeding was harder than birth who only did it for 6 & 9 months seem a little miffed that me & DJ are having such ease around it as well as zero problems pumping that we haven't even started on solids really. I shrug it off. I equate it with those girls who can eat ANYTHING and stay slim and never hit the gym. They of course really bug me because I have to really WORK to not be overweight all the time. Same thing I think. I am sorry she was so blatently unprofessional and nasty though. I hope one of the Moderators here helps you report her. It definately sounds all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom
    Perhaps jealousy? Perhaps she really really struggled to breastfeed her own baby and only made it to the year mark or less. Maybe the idea of someone having no problem and is easily able to provide enough to for her own child and also help someone else out gets her. It happens. The same women who told me breastfeeding was harder than birth who only did it for 6 & 9 months seem a little miffed that me & DJ are having such ease around it as well as zero problems pumping that we haven't even started on solids really. I shrug it off. I equate it with those girls who can eat ANYTHING and stay slim and never hit the gym. They of course really bug me because I have to really WORK to not be overweight all the time. Same thing I think. I am sorry she was so blatently unprofessional and nasty though. I hope one of the Moderators here helps you report her. It definately sounds all bad.
    It might be jealousy of not being able to do things, I am Amandalynns sister, the one called the "cow woman", but there was a tremendous struggle and nothing came easy for bf my daughter and my sister had some of the same problems (not all) with her son: 1st she was a premie, I started out with a pump while she was in the NICU and didn't produce enough ebm while she was there and they had to have her on formula, 2nd I found out by a nurse after I had her that I have flat nipples, my daughter is now 10 months old and still on the nipple shield/guard due to every time I tried to wean her off we ended up back in the hospital due to her sleep apnea or reflux (5 admissions total, not including er visits) and she won't even try to latch on now without it, 3rd she has had surgery that I was told by the surgen that he has never had a mother be able to continue to bf after the surgery dut to the babies don't want to take anything oraly afterwards (fundoplacation and g-button), we have overcome that. As you can see, this leader take nothing into account of other people struggles or experiances. This same leader has been rude to me also when I went to my 1st meeting she said I had the "Hit by the bus syndrom" and pumped for no reason at all. I myself was shocked at her comments because I had been told that the LLL was great support, she was nothing like that, she was rude and made me feel bad for pumping as well as nursing my daughter. (At that time I pumped 2 times a day, once at midnight due to I had to wake Madeline up and give her medications then (every 6 hours) and she would fall asleep one one side so I pumped out the other side and the same at 6 in the morning). Now I just pump once in the morning, what my sister doesen't get for her daughter goes to the local Mothers Milk Bank to support other premies.
    My sister has done a great job with both of her children and it hurts me that someone in that position cannot reconize that and see her stuggles and be supportive and give advice to someone seeking help.
    I have been watching this thread and thought it was time to chime in.

Marcie
    Mom of Madeline

Amandalynn and babygirlsmom1005,

I am checking in to this. I will reply via PM as soon as I have information for you. Thank you for your patience,

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by amandalynn
    Maybe someone could direct me to where I could submitt a letter regarding her actions, as I am certain LLL must have some sort of guidelines for their leaders' behavior.

I'm SO sorry you've had this experience. Please private message me with the name of the Group and the Leader and I will let you know who to contact. (((hugs)))