Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Could This Be Thrush?

Default Could This Be Thrush?

My baby is almost 6 months old and we have been battling with oversupply and plugged ducts since the beginning, it has not been a fun experience, but we are hanging in there. Recently I have been getting a weird pins and needles pain in my breasts after he finishes nursing. There are no other symptoms...no white spots on him and my nipples are not red or sore or burning or anything. We have not been on antibiotics. Can thrush develop only inside the ducts before it is ever on the nipples?

Default Re: Could This Be Thrush?

I should add I get blanching after my baby is done eating and I was diagnosed years ago for Reynaud's because my fingers and toes lose circulation easily with the smallest amount of cold. Could this be the tingling pain after nursing? It doesn't hurt while he is nursing at all. What do you do about it?

I don't know about developing inside before the outside....maybe you had it on the outside but didn't really notice it? But thrush is so painful I think it would be hard to go unnoticed!

I have Raynaud's and have had the pain in my nipples. It has never felt like pins and needles though. It is painful just like thrush.

Could it maybe be letdown? I know I would have letdown all the time at the strangest moments....not necessarily while nursing.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I think that some of it is letdown, but today the pain came and went (shooting pains) and when I looked at my nipple it was all blanched. So I don't think it is thrush but reynaud's. What did you do about it? I tried today to keep my breasts warm and that seemed to help. It only happens sometimes...maybe when I'm cold Do you think this could be also causing the plugged ducts constantly? If the blood is being constricted at the nipple maybe it is preventing milk flow. Just a thought.

Check out this link...there is a lot of good info on treatments...

Good Luck!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?