Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will my LO forever reek of BM cheese?

Default Will my LO forever reek of BM cheese?

Poor little guy smells like Parmesan cheese
    I give him baths frequently but my bm always finds a way into those neck cracks. Sometimes I'm reluctant to let people hold him because I'm afraid to let people get a whiff of that neck cheese. Oh well! I guess it comes with the territory!!

Default Re: Will my LO forever reek of BM cheese?

yep If your LO is clean, thats probably your LO's smell I love that smell... its kinda the smell of satisfaction, perfection.
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

I remember that smell! Until he outgrows those yummy rolls, chances are there will be BM cheese...and I can guarantee you that only another BFing mama will know the smell and will love it!

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

My DH says he wants to take a piece of spaghetti and floss his neck rolls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*momma-to-quentin View Post
    My DH says he wants to take a piece of spaghetti and floss his neck rolls!!!
    LOL.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

That's a good smell mama! At least it's not formula puke smell!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

My DS had the same thing, in the morning and before bed i just use a wet wash cloth and i wipe between the folds. You have to pull apart the folds. I noticed that if i didn't do it, his folds gets red.

We dealt with this for a couple months. The best thing I found was to position LO on her tummy on the bath sling and tap the medicine cabinet mirror we have that was above her head on the wall. LOL! When she'd look up, I'd scrub her neck. Then the task of getting the back of her neck. I'd kinda' sit her upright on the sling and then wriggle my fingers down by her feet. She'd lower her head to look down, and then I'd attack the back of her neck. Even at 13 months now, I have her "look at the lights!!!!" so I can dry her neck really well! Hang in there! It gets easier!

Hahah! I also used to have to put Desitin in her neck rolls to keep diaper rash in the rolls away!

Yeah, we put A & D in his neck rolls...boy does he hate it when i even touch his neck, let alone dig in it!

I used to take a wipe and roll it up lengthwise and kind of slide it in the neck rolls to clean it out. It worked pretty well.

They do sell baby cologne if you want to use that, but it can overwhelm baby's senses if they are sensitive.
    Mari
    Mohamed 6-9-06
    Jad 11-27-08