Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Why isn't she sleeping?

Exclamation Why isn't she sleeping?

I'm going on 1 1/2 hrs of sleep last night ... and about 2 1/2 hrs the night before

12 weeks - thriving. Sometimes skips a day when pooping.

What could be some reasons she's doing this and what are some tricks on getting her back to sleep?

Schedule
    Sleep - 8:30 ish
    *multiple feedings ... and now they are back to back to back ..
    Wake - 4:45 ish for 1st feeding of the day
    Leave - 5:15 to grandma's
    I leave to work - 6am (2nd feeding of the day - rest of the day bottles)
    Return - 4:15 pm
    *multiple feedings before bedtime

She'll get to sleep at 8:30 (GREAT) I'll go to bed about a hour later ... then at around 10:30 ish .. the craziness will start. 1030, 1145, 1220, 1255, 135, 310, 400 .... these are the ones I actually got up to look at the clock. The other "little" times when she's fussy, I'll just put my breast in her mouth and it'll be good enough ... these other times, I'm waking to get her in my lap to feed her. It's ridiculous and I'm seriously not sleeping ... I can feel myself wearing down and beginning to feel a little ill.

I hate that I am getting fustrated, I never want to be that way towards her.. I see her face and she's smiling sooo big at me. I feel so guilty that I'm not happy waking to feed her ...

Ok so I really need help...

Default Re: Why isn't she sleeping?

did this just start? did you just start back to work? perhaps she is just reacting to the new stress of being away from you for so long during the day and wants to make up for it at night. is she taking bottles well during the day? maybe she is reverse cycling?

could she be teething or perhaps have an ear infection? if so, she may just need comforting (or a little Tylenol), not feeding.

This will pass. for now, perhaps your husband could go in to comfort her so you can get some rest? or maybe you could try to cosleep?

Is this a recent thing? It could be her 3mos growth spurt!

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

Oh wow - There's a three month growth spurt?

Well then yeah - Thats probably what it is ... It just stinks that it's at nighttime. Ugh.

* I do co-sleep
    *Started work about 3 weeks ago

Is there such thing as EXTREME reverse cycling?

Yes very recent - past probably 4 nights

Standard growth spurt times are 2-3wks, 6wks, 3mos and 6mos. If it is a growth spurt your body should get the message pretty quick and pump up supply to meet your LOs new demand.

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

My boys definately went through reverse cycling when I went back to work after they were born. The woke so many times during the night to nurse. It was very difficult waking all the time to feed them. I felt so drained just as you are feeling. I understand what you are going through (especially since I had two waking all night). At the time I was in the Army and worked very long days. Take it from me.....it will get easier. Mine are now about 7 1/2 months old and since I'm now a SAHM things are even easier. My mom always reminds me of what her mom used to say, "This too will pass!" I will never forget that. It is true! My beautiful little boys sleep 10-12 hours a night now! As far as the reverse cycling goes...just think of it as your baby trying to make up for missing you all day. If you think about it, it is really quality time you can spend together! Hang in there...it will get easier.
    SAHW to C and SAHM to my identical boys J & A born 1/7/06 & my little girl K born 8/21/08.