Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pumping schedule

Default pumping schedule

I plan on pumping 1st thing in the morning at 5:00 (if LO stays on his current schedule that will be two hours after he's last eaten); nursing him before leaving the house at about 6:00; pumping at work at 9:00; then I can either pump at 11:40 or wait until 12:45, because my teacher's aide goes to lunch from 12:00 to 12:45. Is it OK to wait almost 4 hours between pumpings or had I better go with 11:40? Then I will nurse as soon as I get to daycare at 3:00. They are under instructions not to feed him after 2. Does anybody see any problems with this?

Default Re: pumping schedule

That sounds alot like my schedule for pumping. I pump while I'm getting ready (gotta love the hands free pumping bras!!!) at 6am then I pump at school at around 11. When I first returned to work I would also pump at 9am. Now that my LO is older, and my supply is better established I have found that I don't need to pump at the 9 am time and I still pump the same amount.
    My only worry would be the "no feeding after 2"...is it possible that your LO will legitimately get hungry between 2 and your pick up? I would hate to think that your LO would be crying for that period of time. If you are concerned about being able to nurse right when you pick up, I would suggest that you have them give your LO an ounce or so at 2 so that he doesn't get hungry in between. Of course, you know his schedule/routine better than anyone so, if you think it will work...go for it. Just watch for growth spurts!
    with my Best Friend
    Proud Mommy to my 3 girls
    "Munchkin" 9/20/01
    "Sunshine" 12/01/06
    "Peanut" 02/26/09 birth weight 5lbs 2 oz
    2 mos 10lbs 4 oz
    4 mos 13lbs 8 oz
    5 mos 14lbs 12 oz
    6 mos 15lbs 3 oz
    9 mos 17lbs 10 oz
    1 year 19lbs 3 oz

Firm believer in the glory of "MIRACLE GROW"

I agree with beccib72. Also, I think it's a good idea to have them give him an ounce at 2.

You're probably fine with pumping at 12:45 - the important thing is to get on a pumping schedule so your body will produce the milk at that time of day on work days.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

He only took 8 oz. today and I pumped 10!! Long may it last