Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Growth Spurt-I'm Empty!!

Default Growth Spurt-I'm Empty!!

I'm assuming my little one is going through a growth spurt...she is a little over 11 weeks and for the past couple of days has been eating much more often and I feel like I'm completely empty...I know you're never really empty, but when she goes to eat, she's so frustrated because there's not nearly as much there as usual. What do I do?? Last night I think we finally put her down to sleep even though she wasn't "full" because she was so frustrated while eating that nothing was getting accomplished.

She been napping barely at all and she's usually a great napper...is this common?

I feel like my world is turned upside down! But I think I remember feeling this way at 6 weeks when she had her last growth spurt.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Default Re: Growth Spurt-I'm Empty!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*twinmom303 View Post
    I'm assuming my little one is going through a growth spurt...she is a little over 11 weeks and for the past couple of days has been eating much more often and I feel like I'm completely empty...I know you're never really empty, but when she goes to eat, she's so frustrated because there's not nearly as much there as usual. What do I do?? Last night I think we finally put her down to sleep even though she wasn't "full" because she was so frustrated while eating that nothing was getting accomplished.

She been napping barely at all and she's usually a great napper...is this common?

I feel like my world is turned upside down! But I think I remember feeling this way at 6 weeks when she had her last growth spurt.

Any advise would be appreciated.
    You'll both be fine. I know exactly how you feel. My lo gets sooo frustrated when she is going throuh growth spurts because after she's nursed for so long, she's only getting a small trickle of milk. The best thing you can do is let her nurse as much as she wants. They nurse so often during growth spurts so they can let your body know to make them more milk. If she gets frustrated, try walking around for a while or burping her or playing for a minute and then offer the breast again. Sometimes just a little break would calm my lo down and make her want to nurse again.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Default Re: Growth Spurt-I'm Empty!!

I agree. You should let her keep nursing, even if she seems frustrated b/c this will signal the brain to make more milk! Soon you may (or may not) notice an increase in your supply. And you are right, you are never truely empty. So, even though it may seem frustrating for you and her keep it up & soon you'll be making more milk!
    Renee
    LLL Leader