Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Anyone have 2008 edition of Hale?

Default Anyone have 2008 edition of Hale?

I wanted to know if their was updated info on naratriptan (Amerge) and almotriptan (Axert). Imitrex does not work for me and I have used these with success when I wasn't pregnant or nursing. In the previous edition of MEdication and Mother's Milk, it stated there was no research info on these drugs yet. However, my doctor said I could use Amerge because the chances of their being a risk to my 14 month old, nursing-3-times-per-day girl would be low.

Default Re: Anyone have 2008 edition of Hale?

I dont know how the girls do it.... but I think somehow they can look it up on Amazon. You might be able to figure it out, Im alittle slow when it comes to things like that
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Oh I tried the Amazon thing. Although I searched from the sale page of the 2008 edition, the search results had a note that it was from the 2006 edition.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*galactagoddess View Post
    I wanted to know if their was updated info on naratriptan (Amerge) and almotriptan (Axert). Imitrex does not work for me and I have used these with success when I wasn't pregnant or nursing. In the previous edition of MEdication and Mother's Milk, it stated there was no research info on these drugs yet. However, my doctor said I could use Amerge because the chances of their being a risk to my 14 month old, nursing-3-times-per-day girl would be low.
    I recommend that you contact a local Leader.

Another option is to ask your baby's doctor for an opinion.

Good luck.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Can I rhetorically ask which imitrex you've used? I ask only because I used to have an rx for the pills and they never ever worked. I had given up until my doc suggested I try the nasal spray and that does the trick. So I just wanted to mention it incase that wasn't something you'd tried before

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number4 View Post
    Can I rhetorically ask which imitrex you've used? I ask only because I used to have an rx for the pills and they never ever worked. I had given up until my doc suggested I try the nasal spray and that does the trick. So I just wanted to mention it incase that wasn't something you'd tried before

The nasal spray was the only thing that ever worked for me...
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I will try the nasal spray, thanks. However, I have terrible side effects from Imitrex..it gives me a headache! In addition to my migraine which throbs at the side of my head, I get new headache pain at the base of my skull and top of my neck. My neurolgist said this is not completely uncommon. So I am not sure if the nasal spray would have a different effect.

I don't trust most doctors when it comes to medications and breastfeeding but I will ask for her opinion (family doctor who I trust more as opposed to the OB mentioned above)...and my LLL leader does not have the 2008 edition.

I normally take topamax for my migraines but haven't since pregnancy. It is an L3, and my OB said it was ok, but just knowing the side effects that I have on it, I can't bring myself to take it till I am done BF.

Try the imitrex spray though...it worked completely different for me than the pills.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*galactagoddess View Post
    I don't trust most doctors when it comes to medications and breastfeeding but I will ask for her opinion (family doctor who I trust more as opposed to the OB mentioned above)...and my LLL leader does not have the 2008 edition.
    Ask your local Leader to contact her PL (Professional Liaison) department. They should have the most recent edition, and they can photocopy the pages from the book and send them to you.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--