Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gripe water?

Default Re: gripe water?

we have used gripe water since DS was a couple weeks old. it worked for EVERYTHING. hiccups, gas, stomach aches, constipation, etc. i swear by it. i dont know what i would have done without it.
    I'm Jamie, and im Proud to be:
    Carter's SAHM since 11-27-07 and now to Eli too, since 7-25-11
    Cody's Wife since 8-28-08

and and

my healthy boys don't get vaccines

i use gripe water for my dd and love it; she had bad gas cramps and we'd give her some at night and in the morning--it helped so much for us. my dh thinks you can give her some whenever she's cranky (he always tells me she had a stomachache when i was out, but i know she can't magically have a stomachache everytime i leave)

try it and see if it helps
    Wife to Larry since 7-08-06, Mom to Merryn, born 7-28-08
    We're trying to while going to work, finishing school, and keeping family first

I've been just using mylicon drops and they seem to work. But I've been reading alot about gripe water and have had some people say they like it better than the mylicon drops. Should I try them since mylicon is working? Is gripe water cheaper?
    for over a year now!!!

Xavier 11/5/08

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*munchkin937 View Post
    I've been just using mylicon drops and they seem to work. But I've been reading alot about gripe water and have had some people say they like it better than the mylicon drops. Should I try them since mylicon is working? Is gripe water cheaper?
    they're about equal in price, give or take a couple of bucks depending on where you buy from.. the gripe water is harder to find IMO..it's not in the drugstores here, we had to go to an organic grocery store and then ordered online@ amazon b/c it was just easier that way...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*marinaew View Post
    yeah, the FDA-approved version is colic calm. we got some, and i gotta say, it's kind of disturbing to me b/c it is INK BLACK. her little mouth gets all black when we give it to her, and her poopies turn blackish as well. colic calm has vegetable charcoal in it, which passes through the digestive system (harmlessly), and well...what goes in must come out, i know, but still.. oh and also it stains (we already had a carpet mishap, now we will only give it to her in rooms w/ hardwood floors).
    THAT freaks me out! I highly recommend Wellements Organic gripe water! It's so thin and not a nasty color! It's also not sweet.

That creeps me out about the Colic Calm!!! YUCK!