Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OALD, Nursing strike, don't know what to do

Default Re: OALD, Nursing strike, don't know what to do

Thank you for the advices Mamas I will definately try to break the pattern as this sounds promising. We also have some good news: dd has gained 250 grams for the past two weeks so it seems we're doing pretty good job
    mommylin it sounds ama3ing what you've done! I really admire your strong determination to breastfeed your baby even though it's been really tough. I think I'll continue doing it for as long as I can and hopefully soon both me and my lo will enjoy breastfeeding.
    Besides crying does seem to be a lot less now

so happy to hear that things seem to be improving for you! Congratulations for sticking with it!
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Ugh. Hang in there! I still occasionally have problems like this and like a lot of the other mommas said, sometimes you have to actually latch them on while standing/rocking. I did this at a New Year's Eve party this year...awesome . I spent a lot of nights up nursing her because she was relaxed enough to take the breast. She won't take a bottle or sippy cup yet, so this was scary for me when she wasn't eating well. I think keeping her to some rigid schedule would make things even worse. No matter what, keep her association to your breasts positive.
    for 1 year so far! Woot!

Yes hang in there! For us, BF hasn't been perfect everyday, but over the last month BF has really improved and become A LOT more enjoyable. LO seemed to relapse a bit over Christmas to not drinking as much in the day (coming off choking etc). But definitely no oversupply issue for us now - I have to take a breath and remember that I have milk even though I don't get that full breast feeling! He's been suckling great over the last week.

Sounds like your LO and your body are starting to get in sync so thats awesome.