Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this slight breast pain normal?

Question Is this slight breast pain normal?

Sometimes it feels like the ducts hurt, in the upper region of my boobs, and in the armpit area. They are not clogged, or not enough to make it REALLY painful. No redness, no fever, no nothing beyond some mild throbbing pain. I just make sure to try to nurse on the side the pain is on first all the time, in case it is a clogged duct.

Possible that I have clogged or slightly clogged ducts, but just not enough to cause any problems? Anything to worry about, if it happens a lot but no major problems?
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Default Re: Is this slight breast pain normal?

I dunno if its normal or not but I have the same thing... I am nursing my 18 m old and often I have breast pain . Especially in the am.. I sleep on my side and I dunno if its the pressure on my breasts or what! But yeah its often in the arm pit area.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

This happened to me too, right after DD was born. It hasn't happened since, but it was exactly what you described and it ended up being nothing, I guess.
    Mama to Beatrice Maxine born 8-3-08
    , ,

TY ladies--good to know nothing came of it in your cases! So far so good here.
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!