Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: he wants to nurse while standing up

Default he wants to nurse while standing up

anyone else deal with this? He tugs on my shirt while standing in front of me (while I'm sitting on a chair/couch/...) and wants to nurse. Today I let him and he nursed for much longer than normal. Normally he's a quick nurser, easily distracted - but while standing it seems that he is completely focused on nursing.

I'm okay with this, but I can't really do it discretely Do you think it will become habit? I don't really want to nurse him like this all the time, but on the other hand I love that he had a great nursing session today (3 times).
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Default Re: he wants to nurse while standing up

Avery likes to nurse standing up too...

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

D used to like to nurse upright when he was tiny. He sometimes does it sitting on my knee now but is getting too long.

The only time we get a good nursing session right now is lying down in a dark room just before he goes to sleep, when he has just woken up or he is still asleep. It is too cold for a nurser this distracted
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I say if he seems to drink for longer than whatever works. I remember a few times nursing DD while she was sitting up for that reason.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

we do this everyday after DC! Sometimes when I'm watching him play when we get home, I lay on the couch and he stands in front of me and nurses.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

DS loves to do this too! I think it's his way of being "big" while nursing. He still cuddle-nurses, too.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Whats up with only the boys nursing like this.

My Daughter likes to like bend at the waiste and nurse, I'll be trying to craddle hold her and she'll stand up(we usualy nurse with me siting on the floor up agasint the couch)but be bent over wiht her head still in the craddle hold OH and today she was doing this while sticking one of her legs up in the air, she's a weirdie too!

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*