Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: liquid fenugreek & fennel ??

Default liquid fenugreek & fennel ??

I was wondering if anyone takes the liquid fenugreek drops vs. capsules. Someone at the wholefoods store told me that liquid always works stronger/faster because your body processes it better. -personally for me, I just hate swallowing pills

Anyways, my question is - when should I be taking it? I pump every 3hrs. - should I take it while pumping, before or afer? any advice would help! and is it ok to mix it with Alfalfa?

And I see a lot of posts about fennel. I've seen the actual seeds at the store, what do you do with them? make tea out of them or what?

I'm trying to find things to help with my milk supply.

Default Re: liquid fenugreek & fennel ??

I think what they mean by a liquid is buying the herb in a tincture. This is a liquid extract of the plant. The reason is that when an herb is on the shelf dried for a long time, it looses it strength, but a tincture it is preserved. I tea is actually the weakest way of taking an herb. I recommend More Milk Plus. It contains fennel, fenugreek, blessed thistle and nettles. I know you can buy it at whole foods or at www.motherlove.com

Default Re: liquid fenugreek & fennel ??

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl64 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone takes the liquid fenugreek drops vs. capsules. Someone at the wholefoods store told me that liquid always works stronger/faster because your body processes it better. -personally for me, I just hate swallowing pills

Anyways, my question is - when should I be taking it? I pump every 3hrs. - should I take it while pumping, before or afer? any advice would help! and is it ok to mix it with Alfalfa?

And I see a lot of posts about fennel. I've seen the actual seeds at the store, what do you do with them? make tea out of them or what?

I'm trying to find things to help with my milk supply.
    The lowmilksupply.org website has good info about herbal and prescription galactagogues.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader