Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weaning Update!!!

Default Weaning Update!!!

I've been such a waffler on weaning, lol. In my mind I want Logan to wean but then when it starts happening I start on this emotional roller coaster and think I'm doing the wrong thing.

Then all of the sudden, it's like I'm ready.

He's night weaned. We nurse down for nap time and bedtime, and I would say about 2 other times. So I think we're nursing about 4-5 times a day. This is way down from 10-12 times a day which was his norm for a very long time.

And I feel SO good about this. My mom kept telling me that I would know in my heart when it was time to make some changes. I didn't understand but now I do.

I'm not sure how long we'll hold onto these last few nursing sessions, I'm not pushing him but just letting it happen naturally. We're heading down to Florida for a few weeks and Logan will be around his preschooler cousin the whole time. I'm hoping that distraction will lend itself nicely to weaning a bit more!!!!

Okay thanks for reading, just had some thoughts I wanted to get out there about our nursing. It's hard to believe that we're at this stage already.
    Last edited by @llli*green.momma; December 9th, 2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Grammar- doh!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Default Re: Weaning Update!!!

Way to go - it sounds like you're in a good place and keep reminding yourself of the huge accomplishment for nursing despite lots of challenges.

Keep us posted with how it goes ...

Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

you probably already know this b/c I've mentioned it before, but going away and traveling helped us BIG time. I think i wouldnt be surprised if Logan weaned almost completely by the time you get back!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hls02 View Post
    you probably already know this b/c I've mentioned it before, but going away and traveling helped us BIG time. I think i wouldnt be surprised if Logan weaned almost completely by the time you get back!
    That would be awesome!!!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Yep, I agree, you have to go with your heart. Good job mama, I'm glad you feel happy with where you're at in your bfing realtionship. It's so nice to feel good about yourself. It keeps bfing enjoyable
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

So we're down in Florida and we started out with a 3 day nursing strike because Logan got sick. And he's all better, but he's so busy he doesn't ask to nurse unless it's after 5 PM and he's winding down.

He's eating so much food it's amazing, and I know that he's going to do great with the rest of our weaning experience. He's very attached to those evening nursies right now so I'm not going to push.

Yay for weaning slowly and with love.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

wtg Logan! i knew being in FL would keep his mind off of it. hope it keeps going as smooth!!
    (can you believe you are getting married in a few days?? Are you stressing at all?)

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hls02 View Post
    (can you believe you are getting married in a few days?? Are you stressing at all?)
    Yeah I'm stressing a bit.... I posted about this on FB but Jason's wedding band won't be here in time and I was pretty upset about it. Little things here and there aren't going 'exactly' as planned and I'm just trying to remain very flexible about everything ya know.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09