Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: stinky poo!

Default stinky poo!

My babe is 5 months and has been exclusively breastfed. Her poo is SO rank now! It used to barely smell at all. Is anything wrong? Maybe it's what I'm eating but it's nothing different than before really. Is it just her maturing digestive tract?
    any feedback would be great!
    Thanks

Default Re: stinky poo!

Introducing solids, formula, juice or anything other than breastmilk will change the smell of baby's poo. Have you added anything to her diet other than breastmilk?
    Renee
    LLL Leader

Default Re: stinky poo!/ vitamins?

I think I have figured it out. It's the TriViSol vitamin drops my ped told me to give her. I don't do it every day but when I do = stinky poo! Hmm...not convinced she needs it anyway. Will she seriously get Rickets if she doesn't get them?

Is it the vitamins?? My baby's poo stinks too! She passed gas last night and my husband accused me of the smell!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

i don't think its the vitamins--my son smells bad too. I think its something i'm eating. When he passes gas, its worse than my husband (TMI ha ha). His gas could clear a room....ok you get it.

Anyways, I still give Vit D, but I use a different brand now -one from the healthfood store that doesn't have all the chemicals in it. he still smells.

I haven't figured out what i'm eating--maybe cheerios?

Here is LLL's media release on Vit D.
    Renee
    LLL Leader