Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We're Weaning

Default Re: We're Weaning

She will be okay. Ds1 was 25 months when ds2 was born. Ds1 weaned during the pregnancy. I was fully prepared and expecting him to want to nurse again after the baby came. He did not show any signs of wanting to nurse until his brother was about 15 months old. I think that is when it got confusing to him. He had understood that babies need momma's milk, but not that someone who could eat solid food and walk and talk would need it too.

Sorry for the ramble, K is a smart girl she will understand and be okay ( and so will you).
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Tif

You've given her a wonderful gift that will last her a lifetime. I'm proud of both of you guys! Knowing that your doing the right thing and that this will work for both of you is proof that your mothering though nursing has created a special bond between you guys.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Tiffony. It sounds like she's doing really well with it. Maybe looking back it will seem like more of a cooperative agreement than it feels like it is right now- I think that's how it happened with Nora. You've done such a great job and I know that with 2 little ones, you'll be 2X the great mommy you are right now.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*shannon75 View Post
    Wishing you well on your next journey!!! You've done a wonderful job and truly given her the best start possible.
    I am sure that you have spent much longer nursing through the pain than many could . You are an inspiration and it sounds like this is the best time for your family as a whole. K is such a wonderfuly little lady because of you and all you have done for her!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Thanks everyone.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Our little ones are growing up
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Sounds very gentle and loving (of course!) whether CLW/MLW or something in between.
    I'm glad you're flexible about it, though. You might be asking K to nurse if you get engorged when L is born.
    Great job, mama.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on